As you step through the gates of the Magic Kingdom, you’re instantly transported to a realm of wonder and joy. The park is divided into six distinct and captivating lands, each with its own unique theme, attractions, and atmosphere:
Your journey begins on Main Street, U.S.A., a nostalgic throwback to turn-of-the-century America. Lined with charming shops, delightful eateries, and a vintage-style horse-drawn trolley, Main Street, U.S.A. sets the tone for the magic that lies ahead. After that, Disney guests can head out to several different beloved lands, including Adventureland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Liberty Square, and Frontierland.
When you look at the attractions in Magic Kingdom, one word really comes to mind: Iconic. Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, “it’s a small world”, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Peter Pan’s Flight can all be experienced in the Disney park.
As you can imagine, Magic Kingdom is the most popular Disney theme park on a daily basis. Though Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and EPCOT all draw crowds, there is a different kind of crowd when you visit Magic Kingdom. Guests crowd around Main Street, U.S.A., for parades like the Festival of Fantasy and Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade, and many Walt Disney World guests pick out their spot hours in advance in preparation for Happily Ever After, which takes place at Cinderella Castle every night in the theme park.
With so many people around, there are only a certain amount of attractions that a guest can visit in a day. That’s where Extended Evening Hours came into play. However, these won’t be available for guests visiting Walt Disney World Resort soon.
Beginning September 30, Disney will be cutting Extended Evening Hours at Magic Kingdom. The theme park will still host Extended Evening Hours through the remainder of September, but on that date, we’ll see Extended Evening Hours switch to Disney’s Hollywood Studios (September 30, October 5, October 11, October 19, and October 25, 2023.) in its place. Extended Evening Hours at EPCOT will remain as normal.
The most likely reason for this, of course, has to do with Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. The popular party will be offered four nights per week in October, which is likely why Disney is staying away from offering Extended Evening Hours at the theme park during that month.
Extended evening theme park hours is a benefit for registered Guests staying at Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts, which include:
Disney Deluxe Resorts
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Other Select Hotels
- Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
- Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
- Shades of Green® on Walt Disney World
Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours–or, Guests may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or annual pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park where they made their reservation.