Everyone knows that Disney has some truly extraordinary theme parks to visit around the globe — from , to , Tokyo Disney, and more. Many people also know that Disney also has four (soon to be five) Disney Cruise ships — the Disney Dream, the Disney Wonder, the Disney Magic, the Disney Fantasy, and the Disney Wish, which will set sail later this summer. However, not everyone may know that Disney also offers incredible and unique global vacation experiences through its program, Adventures By Disney.
Adventures By Disney can take Guests to the plains of Africa to the glaciers of the arctic. Guests can see giant tortoises in the Galápagos, or take in the sights of the Danube as they take a river cruise through Germany, Austria, Hungary, and Slovakia. And that’s just the beginning. The options seem truly endless with Adventures By Disney. And now Disney is adding two more incredible vacations to its itineraries — Sicily and the British Isles.
The Sicily vacation through Adventures by Disney will be 8 days and 7 nights. Disney Parks Blog highlighted some of the top experiences Guests will have:
- The vibrant culture and history of the 2,000-year-old province of Palermo, with a privately guided tour of the 12th-century Monreale Cathedral; a behind-the-scenes visit to the largest theater in Italy — the Teatro Massimo — and a sampling of mouth-watering local delicacies.
- The old-world charm of a small Sicilian village, visiting artisan shops and sharing a traditional village-style lunch alongside locals.
- Ancient Greek and Roman wonders, including the famed Valley of Temples, Villa Romana del Casale, Neapolis Archaeological Park and Teatro Greco.
- Hands-on ceramic painting, a time-honored Sicilian tradition, in the town of Caltagirone.
- The art of puppetry at Teatro dei Pupi, with a private show, a backstage look at the master puppeteers at work and a rare workshop visit in which guests can customize their own puppet.
- The grandeur of Mount Etna, taking in the stunning terrain surrounding Europe’s highest active volcano by off-road vehicle.
- The beauty of Isola Bella, embarking on a privately chartered boat ride through the Ionian Sea to swim and snorkel in sparkling crystal waters and discover the blue cave of Taormina.
Not to be outdone, the 10-day, 9-night British Isles trip will also feature a number of one-of-a-kind experiences, including:
- Ireland: During their two-day adventure in Dublin, guests will explore the story of the Irish people in an interactive museum experience, observe the art of crafting Irish whiskey at a local distillery and enjoy traditional fare at one of the oldest family-owned pubs in the city.
- Northern Ireland: Families will try their hand at making traditional Irish soda bread, take a panoramic tour of the famed sites of Belfast, and enjoy a scenic drive along the Antrim Coast where they will discover mythical legends, picturesque seaside villages and the geological wonders known as the basalt columns at the Giant’s Causeway.
- Scotland: After crossing the North Channel by ferry, guests will discover the celebrated heritage of the bagpipes and try their chanter-playing skills in Glasgow. A royal welcome will await in Edinburgh as families enjoy private access to the Royal Yacht Britannia; explore the historic Royal Mile; and visit the resplendent Edinburgh and Floors Castles.
- England: After a scenic train ride through the English countryside, families will arrive in London where they’ll take part in one of Britain’s famous pastimes, afternoon tea. Later, they will embark on a high-speed boat ride along the River Thames. On the final full day of the adventure, guests will visit some of the city’s must-see attractions, including a private viewing of the Royal Crown Jewels in the Tower of London and a tour of Westminster Abbey.
If you are interested in booking one of these new and amazing experiences, it is important to note that some will be for adults only. There are 10 Sicily trips scheduled throughout 2023 and three of them are adults-only. There are nine British Isles trips scheduled through 2023 and four of those are for adults-only. If you are thinking of bringing minor children, it is important to book the right trip.
If you do elect to go on one of the adults-only Sicily expeditions, you will also be able to experience a sunset cruise around the island of Ortigia. Those who do the adults-only trips to the British Isles will also have a privately guided tour through the underground vaults of Old Town Edinburgh added to their trip itinerary.
For more information on these incredible new offerings, as well as to explore more of what Disney has to offer, you can click here and visit the Adventures by Disney website.
Have you ever taken an Adventures by Disney vacation?