By Molly Elias
I love finding fun, hidden things around the parks. All of the items on this list are by no means a complete secret, but they are all things that are easily missed. These spots are super fun and exciting to find while you’re enjoying your time in Disney:
- Singin’ in the Rain Umbrella: Hollywood Studios is all about putting you into the movies and there are some awesome secrets to ensure you feel it. After meandering the Streets of America, you might be tempted to just turn around and head toward Pixar Place, but wait! Walk to the end of the street and take a left. There is a single lamppost with an umbrella hanging from it. Look familiar? Are you suddenly tempted to sing: “We’re singin’ in the rain, just singin’ in the rain!”? Go for it. There’s the tiniest ledge at the base of the post that allows you to stand and hang on. If you jump on the button on the sidewalk next to the post, it’ll start to rain. You will never feel more like Gene Kelly, I promise you.
- Indiana Jones Rope Pull: Right by the entrance to the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, there’s a rope that plunges into a well with a sign that reads: “DO NOT PULL!” This makes pulling the rope almost irresistible. When you do pull it, a very irritated archaeologist begins to yell at you and clunk about. It’s so easy to just walk right by this secret spot and totally miss out. This area is great because it only makes the Indiana Jones area more adventurous and exciting. Make sure to pull the rope several different times as the archaeologist has lots to say.
- Pirates Queue: Disney always sneaks in little secrets around the ride queues, but this one is really cool and subtle. At the end of the Pirates of the Caribbean queue, just before you actually get into the boats, you can hear some pirates off in the distance. The sound comes from a small cave area to the right of the boats. The more you listen, the more you realize that these are scallywags digging for treasure! These pirates are easily missed but only add to the experience of the ride. They certainly make waiting in line more exciting.
- People Practicing on Main Street: Magic Kingdom holds many secrets, but one of my favorites happens when you really stop and listen. Most people know to look at the windows of Main Street to find cool behind the scenes secrets, but if you find a certain window, you can hear what’s happening on the other side of the glass. On the right side of the street, there’s a little side street with a small seating area and pretty scenery (I’m pretty sure this is also where the first clue of the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom can be found). If you listen closely, you can hear people practicing for voice and dance lessons under the “Singing Lessons,” marked window. This is so cool and just seems like a totally typical thing to hear.
- Streets of America Noises: The Streets of America is one of my favorite places to just wander about in Disney. I love feeling like I’m in each of the cities I pass by. It’s true that there isn’t a ton of excitement that goes on in this part of the Hollywood Studios, but it can certainly come alive if you listen close enough. When you’re in the New York section of the street, you can hear the city serenading you. Occasionally, you will hear gangsters and gunshots in the background, along with typical New York sounds like taxis and people talking. There is a speaker on one of the apartment buildings, hidden on a balcony. This is an awesome way to enhance an already amazing spot.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
- Phone Booths: Ever notice that there a lot of phone booths around Walt Disney World? Well, if you’re anything like me, you have to try all of them. There are several great ones in Magic Kingdom. In the Hat Shop on Main Street, there’s a phone on the wall and when you pick it up, you can hear the locals talking about their days and the things going on. In Tomorrowland by the Astro Orbiter, you’ll find the Metrophone phone booth and Robo Newz newsstand. If you listen in, you can dial numbers and get ads or a pizza service or something else completely Disney. The newsstand also has some fun articles about a mysterious alien escaping… In Epcot, there are great, red phone booths in the UK that you can shuffle in and pretend you’re in England. It used to be that you could actually call into those booths and talk to random people, but unfortunately that has stopped. They’re still really fun to cram people into, though!
- Cinderella Wishing Well: The excitement of Main Street can be a bit disorienting, but as you make your way to the rest of the park, you might want to take a path around the Castle. If you take the right side pathway toward Tomorrowland, you will stumble upon an elegant wishing well. Those who find it are instantly drawn in. It is unmistakably Cinderella’s wishing well and if you look closely, you will see Lucifer chasing Jacque and Gus Gus. The wishing well is as romantic as it is magical and makes a wonderful photo spot. There is a plaque on the bottom of the well that reads: “Your wishes will help the Dreams of Children come true.” All of the coins from the well are collected and donated to those in need, just as Cinderella would want it.
- Cinderella Castle Radio Signal: This spot you can’t actually go to. I’m not sure anyone can…except maybe Tinker Bell! I found out about this secret spot from the Keys to the Kingdom tour several years ago. All of the sounds you hear around the park are broadcasted from Cinderella Castle. The background music in Magic Kingdom is my favorite and it all comes from the top of the tower. The magic is all around you in Disney and this magic comes from the heart of Magic Kingdom itself. I haven’t tried this, but apparently you can even pick up the radio signal from your car on the way out of the Park!
There are so many secret spots scattered around the wonderful parks! What are some of your favorites?