Guests who are between Walt Disney World vacations often find themselves daydreaming about the fantastic moments that are to come on their upcoming trip. From looking forward to checking into their Disney Resorts and experiencing their favorite attraction, guests can vividly imagine all of the great things that will happen while on vacation. Often times the thing that guests look forward to the most is those first few moments in each of the four theme parks. The first glimpse of park icons like Cinderella Castle often is the moment that guests feel that they are officially on vacation. In addition to the first glimpse, there are certain things that guests love doing when first entering into the parks which help kick off their perfect vacations. Here are seven things for guests to do first when entering the Walt Disney World parks.
7. Pick Up A Park Map – When entering into each of the four Walt Disney World theme parks, guests pass by kiosks which are full of park maps and times guides. The pamphlets and papers are offered in a variety of languages so that all guests feel welcome. Picking up a map and times guide are imperative when entering into the theme parks as they allows guests access to important information including parade times, location of attractions, and a general idea of the goings on in the park.
6. Make A Game Plan – Guests first entering into one of the parks in Walt Disney World should have a game plan for the day to come in order to help them save time and frustration. By deciding on a plan and knowing ahead of time what it is, guests can head directly to whatever attraction or experience they want to visit first. This saves time that otherwise would have been spent either wandering around and trying to decide what to do or standing around in one location consulting a map and attempting to make a plan.
5. Enjoy The Ambiance – While it is important to have a plan and know where to head first, it is also important for guests to really take their time and enjoy the ambiance and amazing details throughout each park. When first entering into the Magic Kingdom guests should definitely spend a few moments enjoy the charm and details of Main Street and guests who are first entering Disney’s Animal Kingdom should spend some quiet moments exploring the habitats of The Oasis. Soaking up the details and simply pausing to enjoy the ambiance is one of the best ways to truly enjoy a Disney vacation.
4. Take A Photo In Front Of The Icon – Each theme park in Walt Disney World features a central icon which immediately catches guests’ attention and draws them further into the park. The Magic Kingdom has Cinderella Castle situated at the end of Main Street to draw guests in with its beautiful architecture and whimsical turrets. Epcot is home to Spaceship Earth which is a massive geometric structure housing an iconic park attraction. Disney’s Hollywood Studios has a replica of Grauman’s Chinese Theater at the end of Hollywood Boulevard which is home to The Great Movie Ride. Finally, Disney’s Animal Kingdom is the proud home of the massive Tree of Life which is carved with hundreds of intricately detailed animals. All of the park icons are beautiful in their own right, and a great thing for guests to do when entering into the parks is to stop and take a photo in front of each one.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
3. Double Check FastPasses And Reservations – A great idea when first entering into the parks is to pause for a moment and double check any FastPass or dining reservations for the day ahead. By double checking and being sure of the times, guests make sure that they will not miss any important reservations and lose an opportunity to experience a great attraction or meal.
2. Head To A Favorite Attraction – Some guests love heading directly to a favorite attraction when first entering into a Walt Disney World theme park. After visiting a favorite attraction so many times, it can become a tradition full of special meaning to a guest making it the perfect first experience when arriving at a park. Other guests might want to head straight for a favorite attraction if they arrive to a park first thing in the morning which allows them to avoid long wait times which could occur easily on a busy park day.
1. Enjoy A Snack – Some of the best snacks in Walt Disney World can be found near the entrances of each theme park. A great way to spend some time when first visiting a park is to stop and enjoy a delicious snack. In the Magic Kingdom, guests immediately smell the aroma of freshly made popcorn and often find themselves needing to stop for a delicious treat. Nearby is also the Confectionary which offers endless options of candy for guests who need to indulge their sweet tooth. No matter which Wat Disney World park guests enter into first, they are sure to love pausing for a delicious snack and savoring those first few moments of fun on a great day in Disney!