7. Covered Bus Stops-The lines for Pop Century buses are long, especially in the mornings and evenings. This resort has large covered bus stops and benches in the waiting area. You get a dedicated bus just for Pop Century. At the busiest times you will also enjoy riding the double-length buses.
6. Entertainment and Exercise- the Fast Forward Arcade is one of the largest arcades at any Disney Value resort that will entertain gamers for a good chunk of time. Guests also have a beach, playground and children’s activities daily. Jogging Trail-Enjoy a jog around the resort, sometimes running along the 33-acre lakeside. This water feature is unusual for a Disney Value Resort.
5. An Interesting History-These are known as the Pop Century Classic Years. The original intent was to build the other years across the lake and they would have represented the 1900’s through the 1940’s, the Pop Century Legendary Years. The Legendary buildings were built to a point then sat there for quite a while. Today they are the Art of Animation resort buildings. There is no current plan to actually finish the Legendary Years plan. You can see the IllumiNations show from Epcot if you stand on the fourth floor of the buildings by the Hourglass Lake facing the Art of Animation Resort. The Legendary Years was supposed to be family suites, which the Art of Animation was able to deliver. This is a large resort at 177 acres with 2,880 rooms.
4. Swimming Pools-Ever wanted to swim in a large pool that is shaped like a giant bowling pin? If you said “yes” you would enjoy the Pop Century. Another large pool looks like a giant computer with squirting flowers and a keyboard play deck. Each of the three pools is very large and can accommodate all the guests staying there. There is a kiddie pool by the large main pool behind the main building. Goofy is host to a water play area. There are no hot tubs here.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
3. Great Food-Although there is no table service restaurant here, the 650-seat Everything Pop restaurant does a great job serving up delicious meals at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You can pick-up grab and go items and snacks as well. The bakery is very good and one of the popular breakfast dishes is the Pop Waffle Breakfast at the Bakery section. Other sections sell sandwiches, soups, flatbreads, salads and more. Yes, they do have psychedelic cheesecake! There are several drink stations so the mass crowd can fill up their Rapid Fill Mugs each meal without waiting long. The seating area is large and is comfortable. Listen to past top-40 hits while you dine. The main pool has a poolside bar, Petals, that serves up alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and some light snacks from noon to midnight. Everything Pop is open from 6:30AM to Midnight. There is a limited item room service menu that guests can order off of from 4PM to Midnight.
2. A Blast from the Past-that is what Pop Century brings to us old enough to remember the decades featured at this unique Walt Disney World resort. As you check-in, make sure you check-out the long wall behind you. You will find some excellent shadow boxes that contain many relics down through the decades that will certainly remind you of something from your childhood. The collection of pop culture in each frame is fun to look at as they trigger memories from the past. Maybe that will stimulate some discussions between the different generations of your family.
1. Giant Icons-The buildings are clustered together sporting a particular decade from the 50’s through the 90’s. They are four stories high which gave the Imagineers more height to work with when creating the super-sized icons. Some of the buildings have giant toys, Disney characters, or pop culture memorabilia. Check out the four story-high Duncan Yo-Yo’s that hide the staircases. My favorite was the four-story high Lady and Tramp. I did get a kick out of the Yo-Yo’s, Floppy Disks, 8-Track Cartridges, Mood Ring, and Goofy just has such an adorable expression on his face. He is standing next to a red Corvette. Be careful that is also a water play area!