Getting to Walt Disney World usually involves traveling, a lot of money spent either on tickets or gas for the car, and a big investment of vacation time, don’t you want to do it right? The more you understand about how things work at the parks, brushing up on map skills, and doing a bit of planning, the more enjoyable your vacation will be. Don’t try to plan every minute, leave some room for spontaneity, but following these simple guidelines will help.
5. Getting FP+ for attractions that you don’t need them for or early in the morning when they are not really needed. On most days the big attractions can be experienced after park opening and you don’t really need a FP+ prior to 10am. The exception to this would be an attraction that is extremely popular and runs out of FP+ 30 days out such as Meet and Greet with Anna and Elsa of Frozen, or the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Pirates of the Caribbean is a fan favorite, but you do not need a FP+ for it upon regular park opening. If you do arrive at an attraction that has little to no stand by line and you have a FP+ for it, don’t use your FP+, just go through the Standby line and select a different FP+ for something else.
4. Not having some idea of what you want to do that day-knowing what attractions are going to be appropriate for those in your party will help you select the most important ones to go to and which ones to get FastPass+ reservations for. Do not get a FP+ for your two year old to ride Space Mountain, choose something else he is allowed to ride and would really enjoy.
3. Not doing any research on the menus in the parks and resorts means you cannot really choose where to make dining reservations or where to find food at the various quick service locations. If you do just a little research, even if it is only looking at what is available to eat in the area using the MyDisneyExperience app on your smartphone, it is still better than not doing anything. You can choose a place that has food everyone in your party can find something they like to eat. Eating at Disney is not cheap so choose food everyone will enjoy. For table service restaurants you will need to do earlier research as the best ones can fill up 180 days ahead of time.
2. It is fun to meet at least one character. You do not have to wait in multi-hour-long lines to meet a Disney Princess or character. Take advantage of those characters you are walking by that have very short lines or choose a FastPass+ for your favorite one. Don’t give up on the idea of every filling an autograph book, just start doing meet and greets each time you come and before you know it you will have a nice book of autographs, some great photos and a boatload of memories. The Disney characters stay in character as they talk with you, it really is great fun!
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
1. Being too focused on your cell phones is a big pull away from what you could be experiencing. Even if you are focused on getting another FP+ it could still keep you from enjoying what else is going on around you, like a character, a parade, fireworks or more importantly your child’s wonder at seeing Walt Disney World. We have more need of being on the MDE app now, but try to minimize your time on electronics and rather enjoy your family in the parks you are paying a lot of money to get into.