In the words of Maleficent, “Listen well, all of you!” Family.Disney.com is sharing a wickedly delicious recipe inspired by yep, you guessed it… Maleficent! What better way to stir up some dark magic in the kitchen than with Maleficent Cake Jars! Your family will be frightfully excited to join in on the fun. Check out the recipe and tutorial video below:
Maleficent Cake Jars
PREP 40 Min / COOK 35 Min / SERVES 8
- Vanilla Cake Mix
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 6 eggs
- Purple food coloring
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Electric green food coloring
- Black fondant
- Purple sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. Combine vanilla cake mix, 1 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, and 3 eggs into a large bowl. Add purple food coloring and stir until combined.
3. Combine chocolate cake mix, 1 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, and 3 eggs into a large bowl.
4. Scoop 1/4 cup of purple cake batter into mason jar. Add 1/4 cup of chocolate cake batter. Continue to alternate layers of purple and chocolate cake batter until mason jar is half full.
5. Fill a baking pan with a thin layer of water. Place cake jar on pan. Bake cake jar at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
6. While cake jar is baking, roll fondant into 1″ balls. Shape into horns.
7. To prepare mint icing, combine unsalted butter, powdered sugar, milk, and peppermint extract into a bowl. Add electric green food coloring.
8. Once cake jars have cooled, pipe icing on top of the cake. Add purple sprinkles, and place two horns to finish the look.