Even though many people are already looking forward to 2021 and Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary, there is so much coming in 2020 to be excited about as well. Here are some of the amazing food, rides and entertainment that we can expect in 2020.
Disney is constantly adjusting menus and opening new restaurants lately and 2020 will be no exception. There are both new quick service and table service options coming throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Opening soon will be Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts and Barbecue in the American Pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase. This fast-casual dining experience will bring favorite BBQ dishes from around the country to one location. Guests can enjoy sandwiches and platters with a variety of different sauces. This is sure to be a favorite when it opens soon.
- For a special dining experience guests will soon be able to dine at Space 220. This restaurant will be opening in Epcot in 2020 giving guests a view of Earth from 220 miles up. An elevator ride will take guests to their dining reservation where they will be able to enjoy out of this world views. We aren’t sure what will be served, but we are sure it will be unique.
- The highly anticipated Toy Story themed restaurant is coming to Disney hopefully in 2020. Roundup Rodeo BBQ will be an immersive dining adventure as guests are surrounded by toys, games and more fun directly from Andy’s backyard. We are delighted to see how this comes to life in Toy Story Land.
- The final new dining option coming to Walt Disney World in 2020 is expected to be Le Creperie coming to the France Pavilion in Epcot. Here world-famous celebrity chef Jerome Bocuse will be bringing guests both sweet and savory crepes. A quick service and table service option will allow guests a variety of options when it comes to these delicious crepes.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
Two major rides will be opening in 2020.
- The first one is Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. With an opening date of March 4th, guests will be transported into the story with their favorite characters. Use what it being tagged as a 2 ½-D effect, guests will experience 3D like special effects without the glasses. This is one of the most highly anticipated rides and is sure to bring lots of fun to families visiting in 2020.
- The second ride has also been highly anticipated. Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure will be opening sometime in 2020. This ride makes it way over from Disneyland Paris and will be in the France Pavilion. Guests will enjoy a trackless ride system that will take them through the adventures of Remy and friends. The adorable ride vehicles were just released a few weeks ago and we can’t wait to take a ride.
In 2020, Disney is ramping up their entertainment with a variety of updated films, new shows and a brand-new nighttime spectacular.
- In early 2020, guests will be able to enjoy four new shows throughout Epcot. Back in the World Showcase, Wondrous China and Canada Far and Wide will bring a new, updated film to these pavilions. Also, in World Showcase will be the Beauty and the Beast Sing Along. This new experience will be in the France Pavilion where Impressions de France will continue to be shown as well. Narrated by Angela Lansbury, Mrs. Potts will take guests through the beloved story of Belle and her beast.
- Also, in Epcot, the Land Pavilion will be getting a new film called Awesome Planet. This film will showcase our planet and the beauty and diversity it holds. Breathtaking photography and an immersive theatre experience will all be a part of an environmental message. This film will leave guests amazed at our awesome planet.
- Recently a new Mickey Shorts Theatre was announced for March of 2020 in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This theatre will present original shorts with the main mouse himself. This will be an entertaining experience for families visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios this spring.
- HarmonioUS will be the new nighttime spectacular coming to Epcot in 2020 and it is going to be huge. Advertised by Disney as the largest nighttime show yet, a combination of floating sets, fountains that dance, fireworks and lasers will bring this show to life. Familiar Disney tunes will add to the story and help focus on bringing us together.
- Finally, Disney and Cirque du Soleil have joined together to create an unbelievable experience at Disney Springs called Drawn to Life. For the first time ever, Disney animation is brought to life through the skills of the Cirque du Soleil cast. Follow a girl through her journey as she tries to finish an animation her father started. Her Disney memories will guide her and the audience through this magical story.
2020 is going to be nothing less than magical in Walt Disney World. So many new shows, rides and food choices are scheduled to be opening throughout the year. If you don’t have a trip planned already, you are going to want to do it soon.