We may be in the middle of June, but today Disney is celebrating the HOLIDAYS! That’s right, stroll along with us as Disney delivers the news of what’s to come at Walt Disney World Resort for the 2022 holiday season.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Returns
Yes, you read that right! It looks like Disney is dropping last year’s Very Merriest After Hours and returning the beloved Christmas Party favorite. Disney has shared that Magic Kingdom Park will welcome the return of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party! The special ticketed event will be held on 24 select nights, November 8 – December 22, 2022. This after-hours event will include:
- Join Mickey and his pals at the Cinderella Castle stage for the ultimate must-watch Christmas extravaganza – “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration.” The show features nostalgic and modern medleys of holiday music paired with dance performances.
- Minnie Mouse orchestrates a sparkling spectacle over Magic Kingdom as a part of “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks.” Full of holiday magic, the show includes dazzling castle projections, fireworks and seasonal songs.
- With his famous flying reindeer leading the way, Santa Claus will join Mickey Mouse and friends in the must-see “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade” as it makes its way through the park.
- Speaking of Santa Claus, he isn’t the only one who likes cookies during the holidays. Partygoers can indulge in complimentary cookies and hot cocoa at locations throughout Magic Kingdom.
- Magic Kingdom attractions will get a special dose of yuletide cheer. Holiday magic will once again transform the Jungle Cruise into the Jingle Cruise. And, as an exclusive treat for event attendees, Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and Mad Tea Party will all receive a special holiday makeover.
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café becomes the coolest place to get down when denizens of the North Pole drop by for an intergalactic dance party!
- Also at Magic Kingdom, dance the night away alongside favorite Disney characters during an out-of-this-world holiday show, “A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas” on the Rockettower Plaza Stage.
- The fun continues for young partygoers and Disney Junior fans of all ages at Storybook Circus during the “Disney Junior Jingle Jam” as Disney Junior characters take part in a fun-filled dance celebration.
- NEW! In honor of the 50th Anniversary celebration, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party attendees will discover three jolly new photo opportunities. Guests will also receive a special 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake, themed for the holidays.
Ready to snag your tickets? Tickets for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are limited and may be purchased online beginning July 7, 2022. Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can begin purchasing tickets as early as June 30, 2022. Ticket prices will range from $149 – $199 per person. Event dates are:
- November: 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 22, 27, 29
- December: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22
But wait… there’s MORE! The holidays aren’t limited to Magic Kingdom. Beginning November 11, 2022, Walt Disney World Resort will begin its holiday transformation across its massive property.
Disney Park Icons Transform for the Holidays
Disney has revealed, as a special yuletide surprise for Guests, each of the four Park icons including Cinderella Castle (Magic Kingdom), Spaceship Earth (EPCOT), Tower of Terror (Disney’s Hollywood Studios), and the Tree of Life (Disney’s Animal Kingdom) will celebrate the season with a rotation of unique heartwarming holiday-themed displays. Guests will continue to enough the 50th Anniversary Beacons of Magic as well.
Santa Claus is Coming to Town!
Jolly Old St. Nick will be making special appearances throughout Walt Disney World. Disney has announced:
“Catch him cruising down Hollywood Boulevard in his candy-apple red convertible at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during the Santa Claus Merry Motorcade and voyaging across the Discovery River as part of a festive flotilla at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Santa Claus will continue to spread the joyous spirit of the season during visits to Magic Kingdom Park and Disney Springs, where guests may have individual time to take photos and share their Christmas wishes. Finally, at EPCOT, Santa Claus will join storytellers from around the world as a part of the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth beginning November 25.”
More Festive Entertainment
More holiday news reveals the return of favorites such as EPCOT’s Candlelight Processional and Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Merry Menagerie. PLUS – EPCOT’s newest attraction, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will be getting a mash-up of seasonal jams! Check out Disney’s list of exciting experiences below:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom will come alive with the return of a Merry Menagerie of winter animals realized in the form of life-size, artisan-sculpted puppets.
- Just in time for the holidays, “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios adds a festive finale, featuring everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf, and celebratory songs of the season.
- At Disney Springs, guests visiting Town Center will experience a magical snowfall, bringing the spirit of the North Pole to Central Florida.
- EPCOT will celebrate the return of “Candlelight Processional” during EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays beginning Nov. 25, a beloved long-standing tradition of heartwarming holiday performances at America Gardens Theatre.
- This season, the Guardians will trade in their classic hits playlist for a mash-up of seasonal jams at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT. Guests will blast off to the tune of an awesome holiday single, bringing joy to Xandar and Terra, too.
- Disney PhotoPass photographers can help guests enhance their Disney vacation photos with holiday-themed Magic Shots at all four Walt Disney World theme parks, a new Disney PhotoPass Lens and virtual backdrops at the Disney PhotoPass Studio at Disney Springs.
What are the holidays without an enticing festive treat or two? Get those appetites ready because there will be no shortage of yummy bites this season:
- Holiday Cookie Stroll will return to EPCOT this year, inviting guests to partake in a sweet scavenger hunt during the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays. The festival will also herald mouthwatering menus of traditional and inspired adaptations of holiday dishes from around the world at special Holiday Kitchens.
- At Disney Springs, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar becomes Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar and will feature yuletide touches alongside festive food and craft cocktails.
- Select dining locations throughout Walt Disney World will celebrate the season with tasty winter-inspired dishes. Make sure to look for future announcements on the Disney Parks Blog for all the delicious details.
Walt Disney World is promising plenty of twinkling trees and glittering ornaments throughout its Parks and Resorts, as the theme park always shines brighter during the holidays. Love the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll? Great, because it’s making a return! Elaborately themed Christmas trees inspired by beloved characters will be at Disney Springs, plus Christmas trees will wow Guests at resorts across Walt Disney World. And yes, even the special gingerbread creations displays are returning in select locations.
While Disney has not revealed a sneak peek look into what’s to come for holiday merchandise just yet, they have announced there will be plenty of enticing merchandise lines debuting later this year.
We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we learn more about this breaking news!