When you think of going on vacation, you probably think of putting your feet up and relaxing by the pool…but anyone who’s gone on a Disney vacation knows it’s anything but relaxing.
READ MORE: Should We Start Avoiding This Disney Park? These Guests Say Yes!
Spending a vacation at Disney comes with the pressure of experiencing as many of the best rides as possible, catching the right shows or parades, eating at the best restaurants, and getting your money’s worth. Because of this pressure, every day during the Disney vacation can begin early and end late, resulting in an exhausting time.
Frequent visitors of Walt Disney World suggest taking a midday break to allow everyone to catch their breath and relax before returning to the chaos, but is it always a good idea? Here are some pros and cons.
READ MORE: TikTok User Faces MAJOR Backlash over Irresponsible Disney ”Hack”
The Positives of Taking a Midday Break at Disney:
- Walt Disney World is massive, and you’re absolutely going to get your steps in and then some. You may not realize it initially, but walking around the Parks will add up to miles of traveling. Give your feet a break by taking a midday break!
- Florida weather is no joke. It’s hot, humid, and rainy-sometimes all at once! Spending all day in the bright Florida sun can be dangerous in the best circumstances, so eating nothing sugary theme park snacks is sure to make it even worse. A midday break can relieve you from sunny and rainy weather, giving you a nice reprieve.
- The wait times are often the worst at midday! This is when the Parks are the most crowded. Giving yourself a midday break can avoid these crowds while allowing you to rest, making it a win/win!
- The little ones may need a break more than you do. It’s no secret that small children are easily overstimulated and often become cranky even while visiting the Most Magical Place on Earth. Giving them a chance to recharge before going back into the Parks can
- It’s no secret that staying on property is wildly expensive, and if you’re spending the entire time in the Parks, are you getting your money’s worth? Take a midday break from the Disney Parks and take advantage of all the excellent amenities your Disney Resort hotel offers.
READ MORE: Two New Parks Have Just Been Added to the Disney After Hours Roster!
The Negatives of Taking a Midday Break at Disney:
- If you’re not staying on Disney property, it may be a bad idea to try and take a midday break. Imagine finding your car, traveling through Orlando traffic, and doing it all again to get back into the Parks. Not to be a downer, but it sounds kind of miserable! You may be better off pushing through the slump at Walt Disney World.
- Even if you’re staying on property, traveling to a Walt Disney World Resort hotel from one of the theme parks can take up a lot of time. Imagine going to the bus stop, waiting for the bus, traveling to the Resort hotel, spending some free time relaxing, and then doing it all over again to get back into the Parks. It also sounds a little miserable.
- Although the Florida rain can make taking a midday break sound like a good idea, it’s important to note that everybody gets the same idea when the raindrops start falling. If you’re willing and able to stick it out, the lines for attractions and shows will shrink significantly.
- Many attractions utilize virtual queues, and if you leave the Park, you could easily miss your boarding group. The Walt Disney World mobile app will give Guests an approximate time, but at the end of the day, it’s just a prediction, and the lines can move much quicker than anyone expects. Sticking around is the best way to ensure you don’t miss your boarding group.
- Speaking of missing out, Disney FOMO is on a whole other level. Imagine your regret if you miss out on something or simply feel like missing out on something. Sometimes, pushing through to avoid the Disney FOMO is worth it.
- Lastly, taking a midday break can waste a lot of time, and it’s no secret that time is money. Disney tickets are more expensive than ever, and if you’re paying that much to be in the Park, it may be best to stick it out and get your money’s worth.
READ MORE: Classic Animal Kingdom Attraction Breaks Down As the Park Opens, Leaving Guests Disappointed
Taking a midday break isn’t for everyone, and if you think you and your party can push through the afternoon slump to make the most out of your time, go for it! If you find that you do want to take a midday break to catch your breath, go for that instead! Walt Disney World is the Most Magical Place on Earth, and your vacation is truly what you make of it.