Inspired by her rosy heart-shaped lips, these sweet cookie kisses make an endearing offering on Valentine’s Day.
- Batch of chilled sugar cookie dough (homemade or store-bought)*
- Rolling pin
- Wax paper
- Round cookie cutter (about 1.75 inches wide)
- Baking sheets
- Cooling rack
- Red taffy-like candy (such as AirHeads)**
- Small heart fondant cutter (about 3/4 inch wide)
- White cookie icing (the kind that hardens)
- Kitchen knife
- Edible black food marker
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
- Heat the oven. Working on a flour-dusted sheet of wax paper, roll out the chilled dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Use the cookie cutter to cut circles out of the dough. Bake the cookies according to the recipe directions and then let them cool completely.
- Use the rolling pin to flatten a red taffy-like candy to about 3/8-inch thickness. Then use the small fondant cutter to cut out a heart-shape mouth for each cookie. Note: If the candy is too stiff to cut, try softening it in the microwave for 4 or 5 seconds.
- Working with one cookie at a time, frost the top with white icing. Then press a candy heart into the icing in the center of the circle.
- Set the cookies aside until the icing hardens (four hours or more).
- Use the edible black food marker to draw a thin mouth line across the center of each heart, extending the ends onto the icing and curving them downward into a slight frown.
Have fun with these kiss cookies for Valentine’s Day.