Want to make a playful lunch for your ‘ohana? Say aloha to this colorful and fun bento box, inspired by everyone’s favorite mischievous blue alien. Your kids will love the Stitch ears made of naturally dyed blue rice and turkey slices. The sides of fresh fruit and Mini Babybel 100% real cheese create a floral print and a Hawaiian wave. Scroll down to find out how to prepare this island-themed lunchbox from DisneyFamily.
Lilo & Stitch Island Favorites Bento Box
- ½ cup brown rice
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 bags of butterfly pea flower tea (to naturally dye the rice blue)
- 2 slices of turkey deli meat, low-sodium
- ¼ cup raspberries, washed
- ⅓ cup blueberries, washed
- 1 Mini Babybel cheese, sliced lengthwise
- 1 slice yellow pepper, washed
- 8 oz. skim milk
Helpful Tip: All cutting should be done by an adult. Also, this recipe gets a Disney Check. It’s a quick and easy way for families to identify better foods and beverages that meet Disney’s nutrition guideline criteria, and helps kids and parents agree on better choices.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
- Steep bags of butterfly pea flower tea in warm water for 4 minutes. The water should turn blue. Remove bags of tea.
- Place brown rice in a pot with the blue water. Bring to a boil and cook as directed.
- With kitchen scissors, cut turkey into the shape of Stitch’s ear.
- Slice a yellow pepper into a surfboard shape.
- Using a knife, carefully slice the Mini Babybel cheese lengthwise, about ¼ of an inch. Cut the discs into leaf patterns.
- In the largest section of the bento box, arrange the rice and turkey to look like Stitch’s ears.
- Place the cheese leaves on top of the raspberries to make a floral pattern.
- Place the blueberries in a wave shape and set the yellow pepper on top.
- Serve with milk, and enjoy!