The small and unpredictable super hero we all know and love as “Jack-Jack” from the Incredibles is simply adorable! This little guy has inspired Family.Disney.com to work up a super hero “Jack-Jack Donut” recipe. Of course, Jack-Jack is known for his love for cookies, so this one is a donut and cookie combo! Check out the yummy recipe below:
Ingredients: (serves 3)
- Donuts (homemade or store-bought)
- White candy melts
- Mini, round sprinkles or candies
- Beige and orange oil-based food coloring
- Orange candy melts (optional)
- Piping bag
- Kitchen scissors
- Vanilla frosting (homemade or store-bought)
- Red, black, and blue gel food coloring
- Mini marshmallows
- Mini chocolate chip cookies (homemade or store-bought)
Helpful Tip: All cutting and baking should be done by an adult.
1. Use your choice of plain store-bought or homemade donuts. If using homemade, ensure the donuts are completely cool before decorating.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. For Jack-Jack’s ears, dip the pointy end of the almonds into melted white chocolate and stick into either side of the donuts. For his hands, do the same with the almonds, then stick into the donuts on either side of the hole. Add a round sprinkle or candy for the nose.
3. To make his hair, combine melted white chocolate with oil-based orange food coloring. (Alternatively, you can just use orange candy melts.) Transfer chocolate into a piping bag, then pipe long triangle shapes onto a sheet of parchment paper. Let set, then use a toothpick to carve fine lines into the chocolate for extra detailing.
4. Melt more chocolate and add beige oil-based food coloring to get the desired color. Dip the donuts into the chocolate, then place on a wire rack to set. Carefully stick the chocolate hair into the donuts using leftover melted chocolate.
5. Place homemade or store-bought vanilla frosting in the microwave to create a thinner glaze consistency. Add red food coloring and mix until combined. Transfer frosting into a piping bag and cut a small hole at the tip. Place a baking tray under the wire rack, then pipe frosting onto the bottom 2/3 of the donuts—but leave the hands (almonds) beige! Let them set.
6. Cut mini marshmallows in half, then stick them onto each donut for the eyes. Add blue and black food coloring to separate bowls of icing to create colored frosting.
7. Pipe black royal icing around the eyes for the mask, and add thin black lines for the sleeve, collar, and mouth details. Complete the eyes with blue and black royal icing.
8. Then, place a mini chocolate chip cookie in the center of the donuts. If the mini cookies are homemade, take a bite out of each or use a cookie cutter as soon as they come out of the oven.