Holiday Cocktails at Morimoto Asia
Morimoto Asia, located at Walt Disney World Resort’s Disney Springs, is debuting special holiday cocktails for the winter season. Here’s an enticing look at the new holiday cocktails:
The Master Mind Behind the Cocktails
Morimoto Asia’s Beverage Manager, Diana Ly, is the mind behind these cocktails and is sharing what makes them special as well as how they are developed below:
“At Morimoto Asia, we always ensure we are up to date with trending cocktails and seasonal flavors, and make sure to use a variety of spirits when crafting a cocktail menu. We also take a deep dive into our garnishes, as the look is just as important as taste. Ingredients and flavor profiles are carefully thought out with a lot of research and development. Cocktails are tasted, revised, and finalized for over a month before we release our perfect concoctions.”
Which holiday cocktail is Diana Ly’s favorite? She goes on to share, “My personal favorite cocktail is Forever Young. This cocktail is a riff on a negroni. I love the bittersweet notes at the end.”
What’s In A Name?
When asked how Diana Ly created the names behind the beverages, she notes:
- Yokai – Yokai is the Japanese word for ghosts, demons, monsters, shapeshifters, tricksters, and other kinds of supernatural beings and mysterious phenomena.
- Kyuri and Spicy – Kyuri means cucumber in Japanese. We infused Espolon tequila in cucumber for 24-48 hours. This gives the cocktail its light and refreshing taste, with hints of cucumber. The spice comes from the liqueur and jalapenos.
- Toji Moon – In Japan, the winter solstice is known as tōji, during which it is customary to take a yuzu-infused bath. It is the shortest day and the longest night of the year, which is why we used edible glitter stars for a garnish.
- After Midnight – This cocktail is made with Courvoisier VS, which is made in France. This is to twist on Midnight in Paris.
- Forever Young – This cocktail is fully barrel-aged for 2 weeks. This gives it the perfect young hint of oak to round out the flavor.
Make a Reservation
Ready to sip on these joyful drinks available now through December 31, 2023? From one Disney foodie to another, we highly recommend making dining reservations at Morimoto Asia, as it is well known for its popularity. From the outstanding atmosphere, food, service, and, of course… cocktails – Morimoto Asia is the place to be this holiday season.
More About Morimoto Asia
Morimoto Asia is a popular restaurant located at Disney Springs, which is a shopping, dining, and entertainment complex at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. The restaurant is known for its unique blend of Asian flavors and contemporary design, and it offers a dining experience created by Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto.
Happy dining, Disney foodies!