Disney is gearing up for it’s slow return beginning with select Walt Disney World Resorts reopening on June 22 after being closed for months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Disney has released several guidelines and procedures of what their Resort Guests can expect. If you’ve missed our update with that information, you can catch up here. While we previously shared resort experiences we’re going to miss during this initial Disney Resort reopening, there are experience we’re most looking forward to!
Keep in mind, if you are planning a visit to the Disney Resorts, the parks don’t begin their phased reopening until July 11, and resort reservations don’t guarantee access to the parks.
1. Pools (except Stormalong Bay)
Resort pools WILL be open beginning June 22! Resort feature pools may operate with reduced hours while leisure pools will be open 24 hours a day. Pools will operate with reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing. Plus, select poolside activities may be available at select Resort hotels. There is one exception however – Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort’s Stormalong Bay will be closed for the initial reopening. Guests of this Disney Resort hotel may enjoy the leisure pool at Disney’s Beach Club Villas.
2. Disney’s Magical Express Service
The Magical Express will be on the move! Complimentary airport transportation via Disney’s Magical Express service will be available for Guests arriving and departing from Orlando International Airport. If you plan to use Disney’s Magical Express service, contact your room reservation booking agent, or call (407) 939-1936 to make any updates to your flight information on file.
Our favorite crew of housekeeping is coming back! Disney has shared that when staying at a Disney Resort hotel, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your room will be thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival and serviced during your stay. Mousekeeping will be extra busy upon reopen so make sure to give them a big, social distancing wave and hello if seeing a Cast Member. Some extra steps they are taking include:
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
- Common areas will receive enhanced cleaning. Disney has increased cleaning in high-traffic areas such as public elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. Mousekeeping will be paying extra attention to high-touch areas, like TV remotes and door handles; cleaning of housekeeping tools will be cleaned between rooms; and floors, which will be steam cleaned and vacuumed between Guests.
- Inside your room, you’ll find extra linens and towels wrapped in single-use packaging, individually wrapped glassware, double-cased pillows, and additional items that have been cleaned and wrapped in single-use packaging.
- During your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include removal of trash and used towels; replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom; wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces; and vacuuming if needed.
- If you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member using your Membership to stay, you’ll receive service on the 4th and 8th days, unless you decline that service.
4. Resort Restaurants
Yes! Many of the Resort Restaurants (click here for the list) will be open on June 22 with social distancing and health guidelines in mind. You need to know that face coverings are required for each Guest age 2 and up, and must be worn in all public areas—including while entering and exiting dining locations—and can be removed while eating or drinking. If you are planning to dine at a table-service restaurant in a Disney Resort hotel, a confirmed dining reservation is required for day Guests (those not staying overnight) and is highly recommended for Guests staying overnight at a Disney Resort hotel. Keep in mind! No character dining (with the exception of Topolino’s), dinner shows, or buffets will be available.
5. Bus Transportation
We will have a chance to take a ride on the Disney buses! Prior to the parks reopening, bus transportation will be available between the Disney Resorts and Disney Springs area. When the parks reopen (beginning July 11), complimentary transportation will also be provided between your Disney Resort and Disney theme parks. Transportation will operate with physical distancing measures in place, reducing capacity. As a result, you may experience delays.
6. New Virtual Chat
Last but not least, we’re super excited Disney is launching a new Virtual Chat option for their Disney Resort Guests. Beginning June 22, you can chat with a Resort Cast Member via the My Disney Experience app for assistance during your stay. This new feature will offer convenient support nearly anytime—so there’s no need to visit the Lobby or stand in line.
We’re looking forward to these and more! How about you? Are you visiting when the Resort reopen this month?