Disney’s Riviera Resort is the newest resort to open at Walt Disney World. Accepting guests starting on December 16th, 2019, this new resort brought both European and Mediterranean feels to Florida. If thinking about staying at Riviera, here are ten things you should know.
1: Disney Vacation Club Resort
Disney’s Riviera is the 15th Disney Vacation Club (DVC) resort to open at Walt Disney World. This means that Disney Vacation Club owners are able to use their points to stay here. Don’t worry though, even if you aren’t a DVC member, you will still have the opportunity to stay at this new resort. Guests can choose to rent DVC points or book directly through Disney based on availability.
Disney’s Riviera theme is based on the areas of European and Mediterranean. It is a smaller resort giving it a “boutique” feel. The goal here was to bring the magic of Europe that Walt Disney and his wife Lillian loved so much to life. Tile mosaics, beautiful landscaping, and unique artwork all help guests feel immersed in this special theme only found here.
A huge advantage of staying at Disney’s Riviera is it has its own skyliner station. Guests can choose to take the skyliner directly to Epcot from the Riviera station or take a quick ride to Caribbean Beach Resort where they can transfer to either the Hollywood Studios line or visit Pop Century and Art of Animation. Having this quick access to the skyliner makes visiting both Epcot and Hollywood Studios a short ride away.
Caribbean Beach Resort is also within walking distance of Riviera. If guests are looking for additional food choices, they can head on over to Banana Cabana or Sebastian’s at Caribbean Beach Resort. These both offer delicious drinks and unique food choices.
There are five major room categories guests can choose from while staying here. Like many other DVC resorts, Disney’s Riviera has Deluxe Studios with accommodations for five, one-bedroom villas also for five, two-bedroom villas that allow nine as well as three-bedroom grand villas that can fit up to ten. The final room category is a new one for Disney and is called Tower Studio. This category fits two guests at a maximum. This is a first for Disney and will fit a very unique traveler. In the room, guests can either choose to have their bed down or to have a couch to sit on. All of this is located in one main room. This can be a great option for a couple or someone traveling solo.
5: Food Options
Disney did a fantastic job with the food options at Disney’s Riviera. From quick grab and go options to a fine dining experience, guests staying here have numerous food experiences to choose from while on vacation.
- Le Petit Cafe: Guests can find coffee and pastries here in the morning followed by drink offerings and sweets in the evening.
- Primo Piatto: This is the quick service location that allows guests to order their food and then have it brought to them. This is helpful for those with little ones. Don’t think it is all chicken and burgers though, there are French and Italian inspired food here as well.
- Bar Riva: This is a beautiful bar located next to the main pool. Guests can get drinks and food here throughout the day.
- Voyageurs’ Lounge: This cozy lounge is located by Le Petit Cafe and has an amazing decor of books. These books are titles that Disney himself had collected throughout the years. This is a fantastic place for a drink and relaxation.
- Topolino’s Terrace- Flavors of the Riviera: Located on the top floor of the resort, Topolino’s offers two different dining experiences. In the morning, guests can dine with Mickey and friends as they wear special themed clothing. In the evening, guests are treated to a signature dining experience. An outdoor patio and bar are also available for those without reservations but who would like to see the views. Both Hollywood Studios and Epcot can be seen from here.
Disney’s Riviera offers great places for guests to relax throughout the resort. Around the grounds guests can find porch swings, chess boards and even a bocce ball court. In the evenings, guests can enjoy a movie under the stars. All of these are free experiences opened to all guests.
7: Pools and more
Two pools and a splash area can be enjoyed by guests staying at the resort. The main pool offers a zero entry as well as a slide. If looking for more of a quiet experience, there is a smaller pool that guests can enjoy on their own. Little swimmers can enjoy a splash area with Fantasia characters throughout.
Disney’s Riviera has a fitness center (Athletique Fitness Center) with weights as well as cardio machines. Guests wanting to keep with their fitness program, can access this gym during their stay.
9: Beautiful Mosaic Murals
If staying at or visiting Disney’s Riviera, you won’t want to miss the mosaic murals. Located on the way to the skyliner these beautiful murals are breathtaking. There are two different ones, one mural is based on Tangled and the lanterns whereas the second one is from Peter Pan. Make sure you stop by and see these as they will amaze you.
A unique part of Disney’s Riviera is the art that can be found throughout the resort and in the rooms. Although this resort isn’t over the top Disney, meaning Mickey isn’t found everyone, there are touches of magic hidden throughout. In the Tower Studios, a beautiful painting of Peter Pan can be found behind the murphy bed. In different areas of the resort, guests can find photos of Walt and Lillian during their travels to Europe. These one of a kind pieces of art shouldn’t be missed while visiting.
If you are staying at Disney’s Riviera or thinking about staying at Disney’s Riviera hopefully these ten things will help your trip be even more magical.