Can you see it?! Yep, that’s Kevin from Disney / Pixar’s Up! This food art from DisneyFamily was inspired by one of our favorite Disney birds – Kevin, or course! Kevin is made entirely out of veggies, making for a healthy and tasty treat. Not to mention, it’s just as colorful as Kevin is! Enjoy!
Food Art Recipe: Kevin from Up
Prep 40 Min / Serves 1
- 4 purple carrots (for Kevin’s neck and face)
- 1 large orange bell pepper (for Kevin’s beak)
- 1 large yellow bell pepper (for Kevin’s beak)
- 1 cauliflower floret and a few small cauliflower leaves (for Kevin’s eye and color around his eye)
- 1 olive (for Kevin’s pupil)
- 3 pieces of red kale (for Kevin’s feathers on the top of his head)
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
- Wash and peel purple carrots. Trim the tops and ends off.
- Peel three long purple strips from one carrot. Set aside to use for Kevin’s feathers on top of his head.
- Cut the carrots in half. Peel carrots until the yellow shows. (Fun Fact: Purple carrots are yellow in the middle.) Build Kevin’s neck and head.
- Cut bell peppers into thin slices. Build Kevin’s face and beak.
- Cut off one cauliflower floret, about the size of a silver dollar. Save a few small leaves of your cauliflower head. Place on top of the bell pepper slices to build Kevin’s eye.
- Cut an olive into a small circle and place onto the cauliflower to make Kevin’s pupil.
- Tear off three small pieces of red kale. Place the three thin carrot slices as the feathers on top of Kevin’s head. Place the pieces of red kale onto the ends of the carrots as the feather plumes.