Yee-Haw! Toy Story fans, get ready to eat this one up! Family.Disney.com is sharing Jessie’s Cowgirl Hat Cookie recipe, and we’re excited to round up the gang and head into the kitchen. Not only will you find the recipe below, but a helpful video if you need a little guide. Happy baking, Disney fans!
Jessie’s Cowgirl Hat Cookies
PREP 45 Min / COOK 10 Min
- Waxed paper
- Batch of chilled sugar cookie dough (homemade or store bought)
- Rolling pin
- 2-inch round cookie cutter
- Baking sheets
- Wire cooling racks
- Red cookie icing
- Butter knife or spatula for spreading the icing
- Large red gumdrops
- Tube of white decorator’s icing (with a narrow round tip to pipe on the lacing)
1. Cover the tray with waxed paper and set it aside.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. Roll out the sugar cookie dough between sheets of flour-dusted waxed paper to a 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out the cookies and place them on the tray. Then place the tray in the refrigerator to chill the cookies while you heat the oven to the proper temperature.
3. When the oven is heated, transfer the cookies to a baking sheet. Then bake and cool them according to the recipe directions.
4. Turn the cookies upside down so the flat surfaces are facing up and then frost them with the red icing.
5. Once the icing has set, add a top to each hat by slicing the domed top off of a red gumdrop. Then squeeze a quarter size dollop of white decorator’s icing onto the bottom of the gumdrop and gently press it down onto the center of the cookie so the icing spreads around the base and resembles a white hatband.
6. Pipe a line of trim around the perimeter of each cookie hat brim. Then pipe a series of short lines over the top of the trim to resemble white lacing.