Looking for a fun dessert that’s guaranteed to please your Fourth of July posse? Modeled after Woody’s sheriff badge, this colorful cookie star recipe from Family.Disney.com will make an arresting addition to your holiday weekend.
Woody’s Independence Day Badge Cookies
PREP 30 Min / COOK 10 Min
- Batch of chilled sugar cookie dough (homemade or store bought)*
- Plastic wrap
- Blue gel food coloring
- Food preparation gloves for kneading food coloring into the dough
- Waxed paper
- Rolling pin
- 2 star-shaped cookie or fondant cutters, one slightly larger than the other**
- Baking sheets
- Cooling rack
- White cookie icing
- Small round red candies (such as M&M’s candies)
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
Helpful Tip: *If the store-bought brand of cookie dough you use is too soft to hold the cookie shapes while baking, you can knead in a little extra flour to stiffen it prior to rolling it out. **The cutters used for the cookies shown here measure 3-1/4 inches wide and 2-1/2 inches wide.
- Divide the cookie dough into two portions, one slightly larger than the other. Wrap the smaller portion in plastic and keep it chilled for now. Knead blue food coloring into the larger portion.
- Working on a flour-dusted sheet of wax paper, roll out the blue cookie dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Then use the larger of the two cutters to cut out a bunch of star shapes. Bake the blue cookie stars according to the recipe directions, and transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Now roll out the plain dough to 1/4-inch thickness, and use the smaller cutter to cut out an equal number of stars. Bake the plain stars and then let them cool.
- Frost the smaller plain stars with white cookie icing and then set them aside until the icing hardens.
- Now it’s time to assemble the holiday cookie badges. For each one, squeeze a dollop of icing onto the center of a blue star and gently press a white frosted star down on top of it. Next, use small dabs of icing to “glue” round red candies atop the tips of the larger star. Once the icing sets up, the cookies are ready to serve.