It’s dessert time, and we’re ready for a little dose of Disney to go along with it! Well, thanks to Family.Disney.com, we can enjoy a perfectly delicious Hidden Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich recipe. These refreshingly good treats have an adorable Mickey shape, rainbow sprinkles, and three flavors of ice cream. YUM! Have fun in the kitchen with the family creating these beauties!
Hidden Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Small Mickey cookie cutter or Mickey template, cardstock, and scissors
- 1 Cup (or 2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp baking power
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup rainbow sprinkles
- Various ice cream flavors
- 3 1/2″ round cookie cutter
Helpful Tip: All cutting should be done by an adult.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
1. If using the Mickey template, download, print, and cut it out.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
3. With a stand or handheld mixer on medium-low speed, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until they are well combined.
4. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder, and add dry mixture to the wet mixture, one cup at a time, until it is completely incorporated. Add the rainbow sprinkles and mix on low speed until just combined.
5. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
6. In the meantime, let’s prepare the ice cream to make them sandwich-ready. Scoop each flavor of ice cream to create one layer at a time (each should be 1/2″ thick). Scoop vanilla ice cream first into the cake pan and flatten it out. Then add the chocolate, followed by strawberry ice cream to create 3 separate layers. Place into freezer for it to set.
7. Take cookie dough out from fridge and let it rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Roll out the dough to about 1/4″ thick.
8. Cut out circle shapes with round cookie cutter. Then for half, cut out a mini Mickey shape in the center (either with cookie cutter or a knife and the Mickey template).
9. Place cookies on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden on the edges. Let the cookies cool on a cooling rack before assembling the ice cream sandwiches.
10. Take the ice cream out of the freezer. Using the same cookie cutter you used to cut the cookies with, cut circles into the pan of ice cream and carefully lift the ice cream discs out. Place in between 2 cookies—have the cookie with the Mickey cutout on top so that the ice cream shows through. If ice cream has softened, place back into the freezer for 15 minutes to set.