The Central Florida area is preparing for the arrival of Hurricane Irma. The hurricane is expected to reach Florida in the early morning on Sunday, September 10th and move toward Central Florida. With it will bring high speed winds and massive rainfall that could create dangerous and hazardous conditions for those in the Walt Disney World area. Walt Disney World has been actively making preparations in order to get ready for the impacts of Hurricane Irma. We have the list of transportation closures as well as the updated list of all the other reported closures around Walt Disney World.
Here are the closures expected for transportation at Walt Disney World:
- The bus transportation and Monorail to and from the Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Disney Springs will close at 10 PM on Saturday.
- The bus transportation to Animal Kingdom ad Hollywood Studios will close at 9 PM on Saturday.
- The boats for International Gateway, Hollywood Studios, Yacht & Beach Club and Boardwalk Inn will close at 3 PM on Saturday.
Here is the previously reported information on closures around Walt Disney World:
- Park Closures: Most areas around Walt Disney World will be closed starting the evening of Saturday, September 9th and remain closed Sunday, September 1oth and Monday, September 11th. The areas are expected to re-open on Tuesday, September 12th. Here are the areas impacted:
- Magic Kingdom
- Hollywood Studios
- Animal Kingdom
- Blizzard Beach
- Typhoon Lagoon
- Disney Springs
- ESPN Wide World of Sports
- Golfing locations
- Recreational sports and activities
- Evening Shows: All evening fireworks and shows have been cancelled at each of the theme parks on Saturday, September 9th, so that guests can get safely back to their resorts and in for the evening. It has also been confirmed that Walt Disney World stopped taking new dining reservations at table service restaurants for September 10th and 11th for the time being. We are expecting that resort dining locations will likely be open in order to ensure that guests will be able to get food during the storm, but we aren’t certain what all will be available and will keep you posted as we learn more.
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground: The entire resort will be closed starting Saturday, September 9th at 2 PM. It is expected to remain closed through at least Monday, September 11th and possibly longer.
- Dining events at the resort like Mickey’s Backyard BBQ, Hoop Dee Doo Revue and Trail’s End Restaurant will also be closed during this time.
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party: The party is cancelled for Sunday, September 10th. Guests with tickets for the event on September 10th can exchange for a variety of options:
- Refund for the price of the tickets
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets (different evening)
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tickets
- 1 day Magic Your Way Park Hopper tickets
- Night of Joy: The concert event for Saturday, September 9th has been cancelled. Currently the concert event for Friday, September 8th will be performed as planned. Guest with tickets for the event on September 9th have a couple options to exchange them:
- Refund for the price of the tickets
- Events for the September 8th event
- Orlando Area Airports: Orlando International Airport will halt all flights starting on Saturday, September 9th. The airport is expected to completely close at 5 PM. The Sanford airport will also completely close at 5:15 PM. No re-opening dates for either airport have been communicated yet.
If you are at Walt Disney World or in the area, please stay safe! We are thinking of you all.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!