As you all are aware by now, Pandora – The World of Avatar will be officially opening to guests on May 27th at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World. We have had a lot of coverage thus far on the new attractions, shopping, dining, language translators, banshee selection and more. We have also learned about additional experiences that are expected to be available when the new land opens, including some experiences that will be available to guests at night. This new land is proving to be one of Disney’s most innovative and immersive endeavors yet and we can’t wait to see all that Pandora has to offer. Here are some of the additional experiences that we have learned about:
- Plant life in the land is expected to respond to guest touch and have a bio-luminescent reaction to the touch. This effect is still in progress and the hope is that all the kinks will be worked out and the debut will be ready for the official opening. This is an extremely cool effect and probably one of the things that I am the most excited about!
- There is expected to be lighting ceremony that will bring the nightlife for the land alive.
- New Wilderness Explorer badge options will be available to earn from locations within Pandora.
- A Na’vi drum circle performing throughout that day There will also be opportunities to guests to play the Na’vi drums, too.
- Alpha Centauri Expedition (ACE) team members are expected to be roaming the area and educating guests about Pandora while they enjoy the experience.
What do you all think of these additional experiences available at Pandora?