We have exciting news as signs of Walt Disney World’s phased reopening is becoming more evident daily. The Orlando Hotel and Restaurant Workers Movement (Local 737 UniteHere) shared on their Facebook page that Cast Members are being recalled for select Disney Resort restaurants and Resort “Mousekeeping”.
The Orlando Hotel and Restaurant Workers Movement Facebook page states: “Good news! Today (June 3) Disney started calling workers back to work. Workers at the locations listed here are being called to start work on June 14. We do not have any more information at this time. As soon as we do, we will post it here.”
The list of Disney Resort Restaurants includes:
- Animal Kingdom Lodge: Sanaa & Lounge, The Mara, The Maji (No bar)
- Boardwalk: Trattoria al Forno, Pizza Window, Boardwalk Bakery
- Contemporary: The Wave and Lounge (a la carte only), Contempo Cafe
- Disney Springs: D-Luxe Burger, Outdoor Vending, Amorette’s Patisserie
- Fort Wilderness: P&Js Southern Takeout, Meadows Snack Bar
- Grand Floridian: Grand Floridian Cafe, Gasparilla
- Old Key West: Olivia’s, Goods to Go
- Polynesian: Kona Cafe, Capt. Cook’s, Pineapple Lanai
- Riviera: Topolino’s and Bar, Primo Piatto, Le Petit Cafe
- Saratoga Springs: Artist Palette, Paddock
- Wilderness Lodge: Whispering Canyon, Roaring Fork
- Yacht & Beach Club Resorts: Beaches & Cream, Beach Club Marketplace
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
The list of Resort Housekeeping (“Mousekeeping”) recall includes Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Polynesian, Riviera, Saratoga Springs, Wilderness Lodge and Yacht & Beach Club Resorts.
The June 14 start back date makes sense with the reopening of Disney Vacation Club properties at Walt Disney World and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground beginning on June 22.
So, what’s missing? You may notice among the list, buffets and character meet and greet options do not look like they will be available beginning June 22. Some popular resort restaurants missing from the list include Chef Mickey’s at the Contemporary, Boma at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Hoop-Dee-Doo at Fort Wilderness, Ohana at Polynesian, 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian, Cape May Cafe at Beach Club, and Storybook Dining at Artist Point.
We’re excited to see progress as Walt Disney World gears up for their phased reopening beginning July 11 (Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom) and July 15 (EPCOT & Hollywood Studios). At least we’ll have a chance to dine at some of the resort restaurants soon enough!