Did you set sail with the Disney Cruise Line in 2019? If so, chances are you’ll covet those memories for a lifetime! If you didn’t set sail in 2019, hopefully you have plans to in 2020 and beyond. 2019 was a big year for the Disney Cruise Line and DisneyParksBlog shares the highlights below:
There’s no doubt about it, 2019 was a big year for Disney Cruise Line! As we get ready to usher in a new year (and a new decade!), let’s take a look back to celebrate our top nine moments of the past 12 months.
1. Name and Details Unveiled About Fifth Disney Ship
We revealed the highly anticipated name of the fifth Disney Cruise Line ship, the Disney Wish, as well as a first look at the ship’s elegant, three-story atrium and the iconic Disney character that will adorn the ship’s stern – Rapunzel!
2. First Look at Second Bahamas Destination
We shared information and two early conceptual artist renderings for our second island destination in The Bahamas, located on the breathtaking island of Eleuthera, which will be a unique destination rooted in Bahamian culture and imbued with Disney magic.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
3. Captain Minnie Mouse Inspires Next Generation of Female Ship Captains
Captain Minnie Mouse made her debut, and we rolled out new youth programs and the funding of scholarships designed to empower girls and young women to pursue careers in the cruise industry.
4. New Spaces Enhance the Disney Wonder
Stem-to-stern enhancements transformed the Disney Wonder, including an exciting New Orleans-themed lounge that transports guests into the heart of the city’s iconic French Quarter, a sleek new place for teens and a redesigned café for adults.
5. Epic Marvel and Star Wars Celebrations Return to the High Seas
Marvel Day at Sea and Star Wars Day at Sea set sail once again on select cruises to the Bahamas and Caribbean, combining the splendor of a Disney Cruise Line vacation with a special day at sea filled with unique character encounters, live shows and action-packed entertainment.
6. Captain Marvel Joins Line-Up of Super Heroes Aboard Disney Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line guests were the first to meet Captain Marvel, one of the most powerful heroes in the Marvel universe, when she made her debut during Marvel Day at Sea as part of the action-packed celebration aboard select Disney Magic sailings.
7. First Round-trip Sailing From Rome and Visits to Seven New Ports in Europe
The Disney Magic’s summer tour of Europe featured a first-ever round-trip cruise from Rome and visits to seven new ports, including destinations in Sweden, France, Spain, Denmark and Northern Ireland.
8. Second Season in New Orleans and a Return to Greece Announced
We revealed exciting itinerary announcements such a second season cruising from New Orleans in 2021 (following our inaugural season in early 2020), plus a return to Greece in summer 2020 after a five-year hiatus to this beautiful destination in the Mediterranean.
9. Awards, Awards and More Awards
Thanks to you, our loyal guests, the awards just keep on coming. Highlights include:
- “No. 1 Best Cruise Line for Families” and “No. 1 Best Cruise Line in the Caribbean” in the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Cruise Lines rankings
- “No. 1 Brand for Customer Service” in Newsweek’s America’s Best Customer Service Awards
- “No. 1 Top Large Cruise Line in the World” in Condé Nast Traveler’s annual Readers’ Choice Awards
- “No. 1 Ocean Cruise Line among those carrying 2,200 passengers or more” in Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards
- “Top Cruise Line Private Island” in the Cruise Critic Cruisers’ Choice Destination Awards
What a year! And it’s sure to be another exciting one in 2020. Keep following along on the Disney Parks Blog to stay up to date on all of Disney Cruise Line’s upcoming adventures. Have a Happy New Year!