Who can resist a soft, fluffy donut? These Mickey Fruit Donuts from Family.Disney.com are not only baked to deliciousness but are also fun to make! Whipping up these sweets is an awesome way to celebrate the return of summer. From watermelon to pineapple to kiwi, these tasty treats are perfect for a family picnic.
Mickey Fruit Donuts
- 1/4 Cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 Tsps vanilla
- 3 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp instant yeast
- Mickey cookie cutter
- Small, round cookie cutter
- Red, yellow, green, white, and black candy melts
- Piping bags
- Kitchen scissors
Helpful Tip: All cutting and oven use should be done by an adult.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
1. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Next, add the egg and mix well. Then, add the milk and vanilla.
2. Switch to a dough hook and add 3 cups of the flour together with the yeast and mix. Then, add 1/4 cup of flour at a time until the dough comes away from the side of the bowl.
3. Place the dough in an oiled bowl and let rise for an hour, until doubled in size.
4. Roll out the dough to about 1/2″ thick and cut using the Mickey-shaped cutter. For the kiwi-shaped donuts, use a small, round cookie cutter to cut a hole in the middle.
5. Place the donuts on a baking sheet and let rise for 20 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 400° F and bake for about 12 minutes. Let cool before icing them.
7. Melt chocolate in the microwave, on 20-second intervals to avoid burning.
8. Dip the donuts in the base colors of the fruits (red for watermelon, yellow for pineapple, and green for kiwis). Let them set for 10 minutes at room temperature.
9. Then, add melted chocolate for the details into piping bags. Snip a small hole in the corner, and pipe the rest of the decorations.