We may not be a wizard in the kitchen, but we’re still willing to try to work up a little magic! Check out these cute cupcakes inspired by the Onward brother duo, Ian and Barley. These sweet elf brothers won our hearts over and will now win over our sweet tooth in cupcake form! Family.Disney.com has a yummy recipe that will have you seeing double the blue and double the goodness!
- White frosting
- Blue food coloring
- Blue sprinkles
- Chocolate sandwich cookies
- Fondant (black, light blue, dark blue)
- Candy melts (pink, brown)
- Pink dusting powder
- Hard butterscotch candy (broken into pieces)
*All cutting should be done by an adult.
1. Prepare your favorite cupcake recipe. Let cupcakes cool.
2. Add blue food coloring to white frosting and stir. Frost cupcakes.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
3. Shape light blue fondant into elf ears. Dip the pointy ends into melted pink candy melts and refrigerate to set. Place on the sides of each cupcake.
4. Twist apart the chocolate sandwich cookie and cut a straight edge across the top quarter of cookie. Place on top of Barley’s cupcakes to make his hat.
5. Form a triangular nose from light blue fondant, eyes from black fondant, and eyebrows from dark blue fondant. Set in the refrigerator.
6. Draw and cut a hair template for Ian and Barley in 3 to 4 segments. Have fun drawing swirly and spiky hair designs. Cut out from dark blue fondant pieces. Place on top of cupcakes.
7. It’s time to complete the faces. Add the fondant features to each frosted cupcake. You can add arms to the bottom if you wish, using leftover frosting or fondant. Brush on pink dusting powder on the cheeks. Insert blue sprinkles on Barley’s chin for his facial hair.
8. For the wizard staff, fill a piping bag with melted brown chocolate or brown candy melt. You can draw an outline of the wand on parchment paper to help guide you. Attach a chopped piece of butterscotch candy while the chocolate is still wet. Continue to pipe the third chocolate branch on top of each candy piece. Place in the fridge to set.