Anything shaped like Mickey is fantastic, but when you add “meringue cookie” to that… it gets marvelous! Check out this sweet treat recipe from Family.Disney.com, and get ready to wow the family with colorful cookies they won’t be able to get enough of!
Mickey Meringue Cookies
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Neon good coloring
- Parchment paper or silicon baking mat
- Pastry bag
- Large and small star decorating tip
1. Preheat oven to 225˚F
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. Beat egg whites in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until frothy (if using a freestanding mixer, use wire whisk attachment). Add the cream of tartar.
3. Continue to beat, adding 1 tablespoon of sugar at a time until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form (this will take about 10 minutes). Beat in vanilla extract and food coloring (about 15 – 20 drops) at high speed until stiff and glossy.
4. Divide meringue into two pastry bags. Fit one bag with a large star decorating tip for Mickey’s head and smaller tip for Mickey’s ears. Put Mickey template underneath paper or mat for reference. Pipe the meringue in coils on a parchment paper or a silicon baking mat starting with Mickey’s head then adding ears. If you prefer to not use pastry bag and tip you can drop rounded measuring spoonful to create Mickey shape.
5. Bake meringues for 45 minutes, until cream colored and firm. Turn oven off. Leave the meringues in the turned-off oven for an hour or until completed cooled.
6. When ready to serve, carefully peel away from the paper or silicone mat.