A soft, buttery cookie and hard candy in the same treat? What more could we ask for? Family.Disney.com is putting the two together to create a unique and strikingly beautiful dessert reminiscent of stained glass windows (including the shape of a Hidden Mickey, of course). Stunning and sweet, this is the perfect cookie recipe you just must try!
Hidden Mickey Stained Glass Cookies
- 1 package assorted hard candies
- 3 Cups flour
- 3/4 Tsp baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough
- Circular cookie cutter
- Small Mickey cookie cutter
- Silicone brush (optional)
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
1. Crush the candy until you have the consistency of sand. You can use a food processor, kitchen mallet, or something similar. Some larger pieces are fine. (Feel free to make this in advance.)
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a stand or electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg and milk, and beat to combine. With mixer on low speed, slowly add flour, and beat until evenly blended.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350° F.
6. Sprinkle powdered sugar onto clean surface. Roll out dough to 1/4″ thick. Cut into circles. Using a smaller Mickey cookie cutter, cut out a center section of the cookies to make a “window.” Place the cookies about 1″ apart on a silicon mat or parchment-lined baking sheet. Chill for 10-15 minutes if cookies have softened.
7. Carefully spoon some of the crushed candy onto the middle of each cookie. You can use a small silicone brush to remove any candy crumbs that spill over, onto the cookie dough.
8. Bake for 7-8 minutes, until cookies are just beginning to turn brown around the edges. Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet until candy is set, then move to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.