It doesn’t matter how old you are, there is just something about the Muppet Babies that make us all smile! Family.Disney.com has a wonderfully fun recipe for the cutest of donuts featuring the Muppet Babies of course! Check out the recipe below and have a great time in the kitchen working up magic with your family.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Boxed cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Cup milk
- Frosting (store-bought or homemade)
- Pink, red, yellow, green, and black gel food coloring
- Marshmallows (regular and mini)
- Red candy
- Pink candy melts
- Piping bags
- Donut pan
1. Preheat oven to 400° F and spray donut pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. *All oven use should be done by an adult.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. Use an electric mixer to combine the dry cake mix, egg, vegetable oil, and milk in a large bowl. When all the ingredients are well incorporated, transfer the batter into a large piping bag and pipe into the donut pan. These will rise quite a bit, so only fill them 1/3 of the way.
3. Bake them for 10-12 minutes, then allow the donuts to slightly cool in the pan before transferring onto a wire rack.
4. While the donuts are cooling, begin to prepare the frosting. For the base coat of the donuts, you will need pink, green, and red. The pink and green will need to be a thinner consistency, which can be achieved by placing the frosting in the microwave for approximately 10 seconds. The red should be the original thick consistency. Black and yellow icing in the thicker consistency will also be needed for some of the finer details, which are to be transferred into piping bags with a small hole cut from the tip.
5. For Kermit: Cut marshmallows into the shape of Kermit’s eyes. Dip donuts into melted green frosting, then stick on the marshmallow eyes before the frosting sets. With black icing, pipe on the eyes and mouth details.
6. For Animal: Spread the red icing onto the donuts with a small spatula or butter knife to create the texture of fur. With black frosting, pipe on the fur behind Animal’s eyes; then use a toothpick to refine the details. Cut mini marshmallows in half for the eyes, and place them on top of the black fur. Alternatively, you can use any small white candy or chocolate chips, if preferred. Add a red candy for the nose, then finish off the eyes with piped black frosting.
7. For Piggy: Using melted chocolate, attach 2 almonds into the top of the donuts (for the ears) and a marshmallow in the center (for the snout). Let them dry. Then dip donuts into melted pink frosting. While the frosting is setting, melt some hot pink candy melts and transfer them into a piping bag. Pipe bows onto parchment paper and leave to set completely. When they have set, stick them onto the top of the donuts with melted chocolate. Pipe on the hair with yellow frosting, then add in the snout detail with a toothpick. Attach round white eyes (made from marshmallows), then pipe on the eye, eyelash, and mouth details with black icing.