Our favorite little blue guy, Experiment 626 (aka Stitch!), is ready to stir up your day with a scrumptious treat! Family.Disney.com has the perfect donut hole recipe inspired by both Stitch and his pal Scrump. Your Ohana (aka family) will be super excited to help you in the kitchen with this one!
- DONUTS: (serves 6)
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 Cup milk
- 2 Tbsps unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- Blue, light blue, pink, yellow, and mint green candy melts
- 6 store-bought donut holes
- ROYAL ICING:
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp meringue powder
- 1/8 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 warm water
- Black, blue, yellow, and red gel food coloring
- Nonstick donut pan (like this)
- Piping bags
- Kitchen scissors
- Parchment paper
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Glass jar or cup (optional)
*All cutting and oven use should be done by an adult.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. Spray donut pans with nonstick cooking spray or coat with melted butter. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir together until no flour clumps remain and all ingredients are combined. Try not to over mix the batter!
5. Pipe the batter into the donut cavities using a piping bag, filling 3/4 of the way. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and allow donuts to cool in the pan before inverting them onto a wire rack. Tip: To help remove donuts from the pan, use a toothpick to loosen the sides.
7. Next, melt blue, light blue, and mint green candy melts in heat-proof bowls.
8. Dip the donuts into the candy melts on one side, lift, and let excess icing drip off. Place onto a cooling rack to dry. Dip the bottom side of the donuts into the lighter blue icing once the top side has dried (approximately 5 minutes).
9. Insert a toothpick in each donut hole and dip into the mint green icing until entirely coated. Place on cooling rack to dry.
10. On parchment paper, create the shape of Stitch’s ears with melted blue candy melts and toothpicks. Then, add a layer of pink for the inside of his ears with pink candy melts. Using yellow candy melts, create Scrump’s hair. Use pink candy melts to create her bow. Let them set.
11. Next, make the royal icing. Add powdered sugar, meringue powder, vanilla extract, and water into the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Start mixing on low until incorporated and then beat on medium-high until stiff peaks form (around 5 minutes).
12. Create the icing colors by mixing gel food coloring to the frosting (each in separate bowls).
13. Then, use toothpicks to create the character details. Use blue to draw on Stitch’s nose and 1 of Scrump’s eyes. Use black for Stitch’s eyes, mouth, and Scrump’s other eye. Draw on the stitches of Scrump’s mouth with red icing.
14. Attach Stitch’s ears on the side of his head with a bit of blue candy melt. Repeat for Scrump’s hair and bow.
15. Lightly coat the top rim of a small cup or jar with icing and cover with sprinkles of your choice. Fill with your favorite choice of milk. Stack a Stitch donut on top, and add a straw!