“Frying pans, who knew?!” Channel your inner Rapunzel from the beloved animated film, Tangled with this scrumptious Rapunzel Frying Pan Cookie recipe. Thanks to Family.Disney.com, not only is it delicious, but it’s also allergy friendly! Gather the family, turn on the movie, and change your kitchen into Rapunzel’s tower with this delightful dessert.
Allergy Friendly: Rapunzel’s Frying Pan Cookie
PREP 20 Min / COOK 25 Min
- 1 cup gluten-free, nut-free all-purpose flour, plus a little extra for dusting the pan
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, plus a little extra for greasing the skillet
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Use a bit of coconut oil to grease a 9-inch cast iron skillet, then dust the skillet with flour.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. Combine the cup of flour, and the baking soda, salt, and nutmeg in a small mixing bowl. Whisk the dry ingredients together until evenly mixed.
3. Measure the 1/3 cup of coconut oil into a microwave-safe bowl and heat it in the microwave just until liquid. Stir the maple syrup and the applesauce into the melted oil.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the flour mixture, and stir just until evenly combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared skillet and spread it evenly. Bake the cookie until the top turns golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean (about 20 to 25 minutes).
6. Slice and serve the skillet cookie while warm or cooled. Makes about thirty 1-inch squares.