From the Disney Parks Blog
For more than a year, Disney’s Animal Kingdom has continued its evolution to a day-to-night park by introducing a rich variety of new nighttime experiences – from Kilimanjaro Safaris after sunset and fine dining at Tiffins, to the vibrant entertainment at the Harambe Wildlife Parti and Discovery Island Carnivale. And when the Tree of Life awakens after dark, it is truly a sight to behold!
Today, we’re happy to announce one of the park’s newest nighttime experiences, “Rivers of Light,” will make its official debut on February 17.
Continuing the grand Disney tradition of innovative, after-dark entertainment, “Rivers of Light” combines live performance, floating set pieces, a soaring musical score, fountains and more in a celebration of animals and nature. The story magically unfolds on the broad natural stage of the Discovery River, conveying the uplifting spirit of an ancient and timeless lantern ceremony and filled with symbolism, storytelling and plenty of heart.
To make dining or FastPass+ reservations for this new show, visit MyDisneyExperience.com or the My Disney Experience app.
And don’t forget that the next step in the expansion of Disney’s Animal Kingdom – the grand debut of Pandora – The World of Avatar – will take place on May 27, 2017.
Check out our article 10 Do’s and Don’t’s For DIsney Animal Kingdom Below
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
By Caitlin Corsello
Guests who vacation in Walt Disney World love to spend lots of time enjoying the four theme parks including Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The park invites guests to enjoy the beauty and splendor of nature while learning about the importance of conservation and preservation in exciting and entertaining experiences. Guests who spend time in Disney’s Animal Kingdom can embark on an African safari, come face to face with a Yeti, enjoy some amazing food, travel back to the time of the dinosaurs, shrink down to the size of bugs, see favorite characters from Finding Nemo and The Lion King, and enjoy unique shopping. With so many amazing things to enjoy in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, guests might feel a little overwhelmed trying to see it all. There are some great tips and tricks that can help guests get the most out of their time in the park and be able to enjoy as much as possible. Here are the top ten do’s and don’ts for Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Don’t Skip Rope Drop — One of the best ways to make the most of a day in Disney’s Animal Kingdom is arriving for rope drop. This entails getting to the park before it officially opens and waiting to be let inside. Guests who arrive early for rope drop are some of the first inside the park where they can enjoy low wait times, few crowds, and quiet walkways.
- Do Kilimanjaro Safaris First — Many guests absolutely love to enjoy a ride on Kilimanjaro Safaris which brings guests on an authentic safari through the African savannahs and forests. Since Kilimanjaro Safaris is so popular with guests, it tends to have long wait times throughout the day making it a great attraction to visit in the early mornings. Heading to Kilimanjaro Safaris first thing in the morning is also a great idea as the animals tend to be more active since the temperatures are cooler and breakfast is being served.
- Don’t Skip Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail — Many guests who enjoy a ride on Kilimanjaro Safaris immediately head back to the village of Harambe when exiting. By doing so, they miss an amazing walking trail that features different animal habitats and beautiful details and scenery. The Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail can be found just outside the exit of Kilimanjaro Safaris and features animals like meerkats and a beautiful habitat for many different gorillas.
- Do Enjoy Festival of the Lion King — Also found in the village of Harambe is a stage show which absolutely cannot be missed. The Festival of the Lion King is housed in the Harambe Theater and brings the story of the classic Disney animated film The Lion King to life. The show features familiar characters and music, aerial ballet, acrobats, and fire dancing and is a huge crowd pleaser.
- Do FastPass Kali River Rapids — Guests who are looking to enjoy thrills in Disney’s Animal Kingdom should enjoy a ride on Kali River Rapids. The attraction brings guests down the Chakranadi River and showcases the destruction of illegal logging with thrills and soaking moments along the way. Since Kali River Rapids is so popular with guests, it is smart to book a FastPass for the attraction to save a lot of time that would have otherwise been spend waiting in line.
- Do Use The Single Rider Line — Another very popular attraction in Disney’s Animal Kingdom is Expedition Everest which invites guests into the Forbidden Mountain for an up close encounter with the fabled Yeti. The attraction is filled with big thrills and lots of surprises and many guests love to enjoy a ride on it while in the park. Since Expedition Everest is so popular it tends to have long wait times. Instead of booking a FastPass for the experience, guests should opt to use the Single Rider line which offers the same experience with a much shorter wait time so long as guests don’t mind being split up at the loading platform.
- Don’t Miss Out On Yak & Yeti Restaurant — Disney’s Animal Kingdom is home to some amazing dining locations that guests should definitely indulge in. One of the most delicious options is the Yak & Yeti Restaurant in the Asia section of the park. This full service restaurant offers up delectable cuisine from all over Asia with options that are sure to please every guest. Since Yak & Yeti Restaurant is a favorite of many guests, Advanced Dining Reservations should be made ahead of time to ensure a table.
- Do FastPass Dinosaur — Dinoland in Disney’s Animal Kingdom is a very popular area thanks to its unique and kitschy theming with plenty of jokes and prehistoric references. The most popular attraction in the area is Dinosaur which brings guests back in time for a thrilling adventure with the dinosaurs. Dinosaur tends to attract big crowds and long wait times on busy days in Disney’s Animal Kingdom making it a great option to book a FastPass for to save some time.
- Don’t Miss Finding Nemo – The Musical — Also found in Dinoland is the massive Theater in the Wild which is home to Finding Nemo – The Musical. This stage show brings the Pixar favorite Finding Nemo to life through familiar characters, original music, larger than life puppets, and special effects. Guests will definitely not want to miss out on this fantastic live show!
- Don’t Race Through The Oasis — The first park of Disney’s Animal Kingdom that guests encounter is called the Oasis and is home to lush greenery and many different animal habitats. Unfortunately, many guests rush through this area in order to get to the attractions and experiences waiting further inside the park. A great way to make sure that guests don’t miss out on enjoying the Oasis is by taking their time exploring the area while on their way out of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.