Ready to make a little Disney dessert magic right at home? Disney is sharing a recipe out of their newest cookbook, Delicious Disney: The Fresh Edition, which shares new recipes from Disney Parks and cruise ships. Now we get to try one recipe from the vault at Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas! Enjoy crafting the Roasted White Chocolate Budino… a rich, creamy dessert served with amaretti cookies.
Roasted White Chocolate Budino from Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas
- 1 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope powdered gelatin
- 1 cup whole milk, divided
- 1 cup, plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
Amaretti Cookies (Makes 2 1/2 Dozen Cookies)
- 1/2 cup, plus 3 tablespoons almond paste
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon almond flour
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place white chocolate chips in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes and stir. Cook for an additional 30 to 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Color should be medium caramel. Using a rubber spatula, scrape chocolate into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of milk in a small bowl.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup milk, heavy cream, and corn syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in the gelatin/milk mixture, whisking until fully dissolved.
- Pour hot cream mixture over roasted chocolate, whisking to combine.
- Divide evenly among 6 serving bowls. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
For Amaretti Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat almond paste with electric mixer until crumbly.
- Beat in egg whites until mixture is smooth. Sift in powdered sugar and all-purpose flour, beating just until combined, about 1 minute.
- Stir in almond flour with a wooden spoon. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Use water to lightly wet scoop before working the dough. Scoop rounded teaspoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies rise, crack slightly, and are golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before removing from baking sheet with a thin metal spatula. Store in an airtight container.
To Serve: Top each Budino serving with an Amaretti Cookie, whipped cream, and a cherry.
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.