Oh. My. Goodness! It is happening! Disney has released the recipe for the ever so popular and tasty Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. One bite of this baby and you’ll be feeling like you’ve landed right back in EPCOT’s Canada Pavilion around the World Showcase. Roll up those sleeves, get out that big soup spoon, and create a masterpiece with the recipe below from DisneyParksBlog:
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup from Le Cellier Steakhouse at EPCOT
1/2 pound of bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
3 celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups chicken stock
4 cups milk
1 pound white cheddar cheese, grated
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Coarse salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup warm Canadian golden lager or any pale lager-style beer
Chopped scallions or chives, for garnish
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
- In a 4- or 5-quart Dutch oven, cook bacon, stirring, over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add red onion, celery, and butter and sauté until onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes over medium heat. Whisk in chicken stock and bring to boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Do not boil after milk is added.
- Remove from heat and add cheese, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Blend with immersion blender until cheese is melted and soup is smooth. Stir in warm beer. If the soup is too thick, thin with some warm milk.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with chopped scallions or chives.
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.