Two of our favorite things… Mickey and Macarons! And now, with this recipe from Family.Disney.com, we can make these beauties right at home in our kitchen. These delicate cookies with a tasty filling we all know and love as macarons, are some of the most popular desserts around. So, why not take this treat to the next level with a touch of Disney magic, and whip up some Mickey Macarons?! Need a little help? Check out the video tutorial after the recipe below. Happy baking, Disney fans!
- 1 1/4 Cups almond flour
- 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 Cups granulated sugar
- Purple, blue, green, yellow, red, and pink gel food coloring
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- 2 Oz. unsalted butter
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup
- Mickey stencil
- Pastry bags
- Medium, round pastry tips
Helpful Tip: All cutting should be done by an adult.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
1. Download, print, and cut out 6 of the smaller Mickey stencils.
2. Sift together almond flour and powdered sugar. Set aside.
3. In a clean bowl using an electric mixer, start creating the meringue. Whisk egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
4. Slowly add granulated sugar to meringue with whisk on low. Increase speed until stiff peaks form.
5. Gently fold in flour mix to meringue batter until just combined. Separate batter into 6 bowls.
6. Add purple, blue, green, yellow, red, and pink gel food coloring into each bowl. Gently fold color in just until batter is smooth but not loose and bubbly.
7. Put Mickey stencils under parchment paper on baking sheet.
8. Pour each colored batter into piping bags fitted with pastry tips. Pipe batter over Mickey stencils.
9. While setting, make the ganache. Add chocolate and butter to a heat-proof bowl and set aside.
10. In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream until steaming. Pour over chocolate and butter and let stand for 1 minute.
11. Stir cream and chocolate until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until just firmed.
12. Fill pastry bag with firmed ganache to fill macarons. Then pair up each macaron color and place the bottoms up on a tray.
13. Fill one side of the macaron with a dollop of ganache. Sandwich macaron halves together.