Turn on Disney+, grab the popcorn, snuggle up on the couch… and maybe in the near future – invite friends to join you in a “group watch” form? Chat options, emojis, and more – it sounds like your friends and family will be able to stream Disney+ with you as if they were right there with you!
As shared by DisneyPlusInformer: “Disney+ Introducing a “Group Watch” Feature? Code found on the Disney+ website via inspect element certainly hints at this feature. Code was added to the service on Friday, August 28 and hints at some pretty exciting things to come for the service.”
“The Group Watch feature looks to be available to anybody who has a Disney+ account. You would send the invitation to someone, they would receive it and click a link to join the party, then would be met with a screen which invites them to subscribe to Disney+ if they do not have an account. What supports this is the fact that the advice for this feature tells the user to only invite friends and family, and the feature is disabled for initiation by a Kids profile.”
DisneyPlusInformer is reporting currently:
- Disney+ is introducing a Group Watch feature to enable you to watch movies or shows with people across different accounts,
- The feature might roll out in time for the Premier Access debut of Mulan on 4 September 2020,
- The feature will allow you to have a group of 7 people, sending up to 6 invites. If watching something via Premier Access, all participants’ accounts must have paid the fee for Premier Access,
- This will not work for content differences across markets, so someone in the USA couldn’t start a group with people in the UK to watch Onward, because the UK person will get a notification saying that the content is not available in their region,
- Group Watch can only be initiated and accepted from a laptop or mobile device,
- This feature will not be limited to just Mulan and Premier Access, it will also be available for other shows and movies (most likely the entire catalogue in your region)
- The feature will have interactive features like chat and emoji/reactions. These are: Laugh, Love, Cry, Angry, Winking, and Smiling
- The feature will be locked to your profile at any given time, meaning if you’re in a party then you can’t join another one at the same time.
To read more and to see code screenshots, visit DisneyPlusInformer.com.