Happy Birthday to the main mouse himself Mickey! Celebrate the mouse that started it all with this adorable Mickey cake from DisneyFamily.
- 2 8″ round cakes, baked from your favorite recipe
- Chocolate cake baked in a 6 oz. oven-safe custard cup
- 3 cups red frosting, store bought or from your favorite recipe
- 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 round chocolate wafer cookies
- White decorating frosting
- White gel icing
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
- Melt 3 oz of semi-sweet chocolate, in a double boiler or microwave.
2. Remove baked and cooled chocolate cake from custard cup and place on a small plate.
3. Use a serrated knife to trim the cake into a dome or hat shape. Push two round chocolate wafer cookies into the dome — these are your Mickey ears.
4. Pour melted chocolate over the dome. Be careful to avoid dripping on the cookie ears.
5. Place the plate in the refrigerator while the chocolate sets, about an hour.
6. While your chocolate hat is setting, stack baked 8″ cakes to make a 2-layer cake, spread frosting between the layers. Frost the cake with red icing.
7. Once the chocolate has set, it’s time to crown the cake with Mickey’s hat. Remove the plate from the refrigerator and loosen the chocolate dome from the plate using a sharp knife. Be careful not to crack the chocolate shell! If you are having trouble, let the chocolate soften up a bit before removing, this should only take a few minutes.
8. Place the chocolate hat on top of the red layer cake.
9. Dab dots of white icing buttons on top of the cake.
10.Use your white gel icing to write the birthday kid’s name on the dome of the hat.
Get candles ready and celebrate Mickey Mouse with this cake! A fun way to bring some excitement and fun to the day.