Sebastian keeps the undersea kingdom jamming with catchy Caribbean tunes. He’s also Ariel’s constant companion when she ventures onto land to seek her prince. Little Mermaid fans will be thrilled to see their favorite crustacean in cupcake form. Family.Disney.com shares a delicious cupcake recipe below inspired by Sebastian of course!
- Cupcakes, baked from your favorite recipe
- Blue cake frosting
- Marzipan, store bought
- Red gel food coloring
- White fondant, store bought
- Red candy melts
- Black confetti sprinkles
- Red decorator icing
- Rubber gloves (optional)
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
1. Place marzipan in a bowl and add a few dollops of red gel food coloring. Knead the food coloring into the marzipan to incorporate. You can wear rubber gloves to keep food coloring off hands, or wash hands immediately after mixing.
2. Frost the cupcakes with blue frosting and set aside.
3. Pinch off a piece of red marzipan and roll it into a small oval. Roll a tiny piece of marzipan into a snake and cut it into two equally sized pieces. The oval will be Sebastian’s head. The two small snakes will form Sebastian’s lips.
4. Press the lips to the bottom of the oval head. Roll two small white fondant balls for eyes.
5. Press the fondant eyes right above Sebastian’s mouth.
6. Add black confetti pupils and roll two small teardrop shapes from the Marzipan for Sebastian’s claws.
7. Place a candy melt in the center of the cupcake as Sebastian’s shell. Add his head and claws.
8. Finally, draw on legs and connect claws to his body with the red decorator icing.
9. Serve cupcakes on a plate covered with brown sugar “sand.”