Ghirardelli is one of our favorite stops at Disney Springs! You can literally just walk by the place and smell the sweetness of chocolate. D23 is bringing us a a recipe straight from Ghirardelli! Let’s work our magic in the kitchen to bake up some Ultimate Double Chocolate Cookies, shall we?! Enjoy!
Ultimate Double Chocolate Cookies
Ingredients (Yield: 24 cookies):
- 12 ounce(s) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 ounce(s) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 cup(s) chopped walnuts
1. In double boiler over hot water, melt bittersweet chocolate chips and butter.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. In large bowl with electric mixer or whisk, beat eggs and sugar until thick; stir into chocolate mixture.
3. In small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder; stir into chocolate mixture. Gently mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts.
4. Using a sheet of plastic wrap, form dough into two logs, each 2 inches in diameter and about 12 inches long.
5. As dough will be quite soft, use plastic wrap to hold dough in log shape. Wrap tightly; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
6. Heat oven to 375°F. Unwrap dough; with sharp knife, cut into 3/4-inch slices.
7. Place slices 1 1/2 inches apart on greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
8. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until shiny crust forms on top but interior is still soft. Cool on baking sheet; store in airtight tin up to 1 week.
Happy baking chocolate lovers!