Ghirardelli is one of our favorite stops at Disney Springs! You can literally just walk by the place and smell the sweetness of chocolate. D23 is bringing us a recipe straight from Ghirardelli! Let’s work our magic in the kitchen to bake up some Chocolate Chip Cookies, shall we?! Enjoy!
Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookie
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
11 1/2 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color.
- Add eggs and vanilla, one at a time. Mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.