Inspired from Turkey this sweet and savory pomegranate-roasted pear, feat, watercress and hazelnut salad is a unique and fresh choice for a side dish this weekend.
- 3 pears
- ¼ cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups watercress
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- ¾ cup hazelnuts, roasted and chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- For dressing: 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice pears into six pieces, remove seeds, and place in a small baking dish.
- Sprinkle pears with pomegranate juice, brown sugar, and olive oil.
- Roast pears for 20 minutes, stirring regularly, until tender and slightly caramelized. Remove from oven, and cool.
- While pears are cooling, dress the watercress with the dressing.
- Assemble salad – place dressed watercress on plate, and top with crumbled feta, chopped hazelnuts, three pieces of roasted pear, and a few pomegranate seeds.
- For dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, pomegranate juice, chopped garlic, cumin, and olive oil. 2) Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
Do you think your family would enjoy this unique salad dish.