We can just hear those cute little Aristocat kittens calling for their “Mama”. Maybe that’s a similar sound you hear in your home! Here’s a perfect DIY Mother’s Day pop-up card from Family.Disney.com featuring the sweet kittens we all love from Aristocats. So, while you are live streaming Aristocats on Disney+, you can let the family create a fun Mother’s Day project!
What You’ll Need:
- White, pink, orange, gray, yellow, blue, and red construction paper
- Floral patterned paper
- Double-stick tape
- Glue stick
- Felt-tip pen
How To Make It:
1. Begin by making the kittens’ faces. Cut out Marie from white paper, making sure the fur on her cheeks goes upwards, and there’s a little tuft on top of her head. Cut out Berlioz from gray paper. His fur goes downwards on his cheeks. Finally, Toulouse is orange, and he has nice rounded cheeks.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. Cut out small, pink triangles for their ears, a pink bow and collar for Marie, a red bow for Berloiz, and a blue bow for Toulouse.
3. Glue the pieces together. Then, draw faces on each kitten with simple eyes, a nose, and a W shape for their mouths. Set aside.
4. Cut out the card. Cut a rectangle of white paper, and two rectangles of floral paper the same size.
5. Fold the white paper in half. Using your pencil, sketch half of Duchess’ face silhouette onto the card.
6. Cut out the shape, but it’s very important to leave a very small piece attached at the tuft of her cheeks.
7. Unfold the card and fold out her face shape towards the inside of the card. The crease in the middle of her face should be folded forwards so that when you close the card, the face shape folds inside.
8. Add a yellow collar and pink triangles in her ears.
9. Draw her face using the felt tip pen.
10. Attach one of the floral paper pieces to the back of the card with the pattern facing downwards so that you can see it peeking behind the pop-up face. Attach the other piece facing outwards as the cover of the card. Use double-sided tape to avoid warping the paper.
11. Glue or tape the kittens inside the card and add a little note!
Note: All cutting should be done by an adult.