The widespread concern of Coronavirus/COVID-19 has many of us Disney Cruise Line fans asking questions. Please review the Disney Cruise Line Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Alert updated as of March 6, 2020 below as reported on the Disney Cruise Line website:
Information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 continues to evolve quickly and Disney Cruise Line is closely following guidance from health officials and authorities in the ports of call we visit. We are also committed to keeping our Guests informed and updated, and are happy to address any questions our Guests have in advance of their cruise vacations and once they’re onboard.
The health and safety of our Guests, as well as that of our Crew Members, is our primary focus. We are taking precautionary steps and have implemented the following guidelines, which will likely continue to evolve as more information becomes available:
- Currently, any Guest or Crew Member who has traveled from, to or through China, including Hong Kong and Macau, South Korea, Italy, Iran or Japan, within 14 days of departure will not be able to board our ships.
- Any Guest or Crew Member who has been in contact with someone from these areas, including Guests with connecting flights in these locations, also will not be able to board, nor will anyone who has helped care for someone suspected of having or diagnosed with the coronavirus (COVID-19), or who is currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure. Guests who have air travel booked through Disney Cruise Line will automatically have their flights rebooked on an alternate route. Guests who booked their own air travel arrangements should contact their airlines directly to make the appropriate changes.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
- As is always our practice, we screen all Guests and Crew Members before they board, and anyone who feels unwell with gastrointestinal or flu-like symptoms (fever over 100.4º F, chills, cough or difficulty breathing) will not be permitted to sail.
- In addition, all Guests and Crew Members will have their temperature checked by a nurse with a no touch thermometer prior to boarding, regardless if they are symptomatic or feel unwell. Additional medical screening will be required for anyone with a temperature of 100.4º F or greater, and they along with their travel party may be unable to sail.
- For cruises that include a stop in Nassau or Castaway Cay, please note that The Bahamas will not allow anyone to disembark in any Bahamian port if they have been to China, South Korea, Italy or Iran in the past 20 days prior to arrival. These Guests may be able to sail but will be unable to visit The Bahamas.
- For cruises that include a stop in Jamaica, please note that in addition to the locations noted above, officials there also will not allow Guests who have traveled from, to or through Singapore within 14 days of arrival to come ashore. These Guests will be unable to sail.
Temporary Cancellation Policy Update
Given the current situation, we are offering temporary adjustments to our cancellation policy to provide more flexibility for our guests. These adjustments may continue to evolve as more information becomes available.
Disney Magic European Sailings
- Currently, we have not made any changes to our European itineraries, though we are closely following the situation in Italy. We continue to monitor global developments and follow the guidance of public health authorities and ports of call regarding who they will allow to disembark based on travel history and health screenings. We will notify guests should itinerary changes be necessary.
- Guests currently booked on our European sailings through our July 25 departure can change their reservation up until the day before embarkation and receive a 100% cruise credit to be used for future sailing within 15 months of their original sail date by calling us at 1-866-325-2112 or 407-566-3510 or contacting their travel agent. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.
- Alternatively, Guests currently booked on our July 13, July 18 and July 25, 2020, European sailings may delay their final payment to 30 days prior to their sailing.
Disney Magic sailings through May 8, 2020, and Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder Sailings through May 31, 2020
- All Guests scheduled to depart on the Disney Magic between now and May 8, 2020, and the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder between now and May 31, 2020, can change their reservation up until the day before embarkation and receive a 100% cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 12 months of their original sail date by calling us at 1-866-325-2112 or 407-566-3510 or contacting their travel agent. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.
Disney Cruise Line Coronavirus (COVID-19) Additional Information
Disney Cruise Line consistently receives among the highest public health inspection scores and has health and safety protocols in place. We also have a comprehensive plan that outlines protocols for managing illness and closely follow the guidance of public health officials. Some of these procedures include:
- Training for all of our Crew Members on how best to prevent the spread of illness onboard.
- A health screening completed by all Guests and Crew Members to check for illness before they board the ship.
- Extensive cleaning and sanitation of high-traffic areas (e.g., handrails, doorknobs and elevator buttons) and children’s facilities.
- Cleaning of all staterooms twice a day, and additional disinfection when necessary.
- Medical clinics on our ships staffed with experienced doctors and nurses and stocked with supplies and medications to treat a variety of illnesses.
According to public health authorities, Guests can also help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and many other illnesses by frequently washing their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom and before eating. Parents can supervise their children to ensure they wash their hands thoroughly. In addition, Disney Cruise Line has hand sanitizer wipes and sanitation stations conveniently available in multiple places on its ships. Guests can also cover their nose and mouth with a tissue (or upper sleeve) when sneezing, and avoid sneezing or coughing into their hands or without covering their nose and mouth.
Updates will be posted online as new information becomes available and Guests with specific questions may reach out to our Contact Center at 1-866-325-2112 or 407-566-3510 or contact their travel agent.