Time for a hot cocoa makeover! If Minnie can be a unicorn why can’t a warm cup of cocoa be one, too? A scrumptious white hot chocolate recipe from DisneyFamily is the perfect starting point for this magical creation. Add some melted candies, whipped cream, and sprinkles (lots of them!) to turn a simple mug into Minnie hot cocoa with a unicorn twist!
Minnie Unicorn Hot Cocoa
- Black, yellow, and pink candy melts
- Zip-top bags
- Black, yellow, pink, and colorful sprinkles
- Clear mug
- Wooden skewers
- 5-6 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate, chopped
- Whipped cream
- Striped straw
Helpful Tip: All cutting should be done by an adult.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
1. To create Minnie’s ears, melt down a small bowl of black candy melts. Place the candy melts in a microwave and heat for 15 seconds at a time, stirring in between each segment until they are completed melted. Then spoon the melted candy into a small plastic sandwich bag, and cut a small hole in one corner. This will be your piping bag!
2. Pipe out two small circles onto a pieces of parchment paper, and while the candy is still wet, cover them with black sprinkles. Repeat all steps to create the wings with yellow candy melts and yellow sprinkles, and her bow with pink melts and sprinkles.
3. Place the ears, wings, and bow in a freezer to harden. Next, take the black piping bag and draw Minnie’s eyes and nose on the front of the mug, then sprinkle on black sprinkles. Repeat with pink candy melts and sprinkles for her cheeks.
4. Then, either dip the mug in a bowl of melted pink candy, or pipe it onto the rim of the mug. Cover with colorful sprinkles while it’s still wet.
5. Place the mug in the freezer for less than a minute to harden. (Tip: if you leave it in there longer, when it comes out there will be condensation on the outside of the mug and can ruin Minnie’s features). Then take all of the items out of the freezer.
6. Use the pink piping bag to glue on Minnie’s ears and bow. Use the yellow piping bag to glue skewers onto the back of the wings. (Make sure the skewers are cut down to the right length to fit into the mug).
7. For the cocoa, place the milk, vanilla, and white chocolate into a saucepan and keep on low. Keep stirring to melt the chocolate.
8. Once the mixture is completely melted and mixed together, use red and blue food coloring to make it purple! Pour the cocoa into the mug, then add lots of whipped cream and more sprinkles.
9. Finally, add the wings and a striped straw as Minnie’s unicorn horn!