Happy Birthday Donald Duck! Today is your big day. What better way to celebrate our favorite duck than by working up a birthday cake! Thanks to Family.Disney.com we can make the perfect recipe that will have the whole family saying “Aw, shucks.”
Donald Duck Birthday Cake
- For Cake: 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Yolk of 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- For Buttercream Frosting: 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Blue food coloring
Helpful Tip: For Donald’s hat, you can search for a template online and use cardstock to make the cake topper.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour three 4″ cake pans
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and baking soda until the baking soda dissolves.
4. Add the egg yolk, vanilla, and melted butter. Whisk to combine.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt.
6. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until thoroughly combined. Stir in sprinkles.
7. Divide the batter between the pans. Place the pans on a cookie sheet and bake for 22-25 minutes.
8. Cool completely before decorating.
9. To create frosting, in a bowl of a stand mixer whip the butter until pale and creamy (about 2 minutes). Then add the powdered sugar and mix on low speed until incorporated. Add the vanilla and mix until incorporated.
10. To Decorate: Divide frosting into two bowls. Add blue food coloring to one of the bowls. Frost cake. I used red candy wafers to make Donald’s bow and yellow candy wafers for his buttons