Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Catches Fire!

A small portion of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction at Walt Disney World caught fire on Saturday night, according to multiple reports.

The fire was first reported on social media around 10:20 p.m.

Reedy Creek Fire Department responded and extinguished the fire within minutes, according to eyewitnesses. An aerial ladder was used to put out the fire.

As of 11 p.m., multiple eyewitnesses said the fire was out.

Reedy Creek fire officials told WKMG the fire may have started when fallout fireworks landed on top of the attraction and ignited decorative materials on the outside of the structure.

Fire officials said the fire was difficult to access due to its location.

The fire occurred during regular park hours. Park guests riding the attraction were evacuated from the ride shortly after the fire ignited.

No injuries or major damage was reported to the structure.

Fire officials told the Orlando Sentinel it didn’t take long to extinguish the fire.

The family-friendly roller coaster opened at the Magic Kingdom on May 28.

See Video Below.

For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289 Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!

A video of the fire has been uploaded to YouTube by Gamer’s Light.


About David

David Killingsworth is the son of the founder of DisneyDining.com. As such, he might know more about Disney World Parks and Games than any other 17 year old. David is a technical genius and when he is not writing for our Disney sites he is a video game designer and avid gamer.