This DIY Mickey Pie Pot Holder almost looks good enough to eat! Thanks to Family.Disney.com we can add this sweet accessory to our kitchens with a little work as shared below. Happy crafting Disney fan!
Mickey Pie Pot Holder
What You’ll Need:
- Mickey Mouse template
- Tan and dark blue wool felt
- Round pot holder
- Fabric glue
- Needle and thread
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
How To Make It:
- Print the Mickey template on cardstock and cut out. (Be sure to adjust the template according to the size of your pot holder.) Trace 2 Mickey heads on the tan felt — leaving about 1/2″ seam allowance around the pot holder. Cut out. Then cut a short, thin strip of tan felt.
- Place pot holder between your two pieces of Mickey-shaped felt. Attach the felt strip at the top of the pie holder, creating a loop. Secure with a dot of fabric glue. With a needle and tread, stitch along the edges using a simple hand stitch.
- Trace and cut out a Mickey head on the dark blue felt. Place on top of tan piece and secure with fabric glue.
- Cut out 1″ strips of “pie crust” out of tan felt. Arrange strips to create a lattice look and secure all pieces with fabric glue.
- Cut out a scalloped-edge outline of a Mickey head from tan felt, then attach with fabric glue. Allow to set completely before using.
Notes: All cutting and sewing should be done by an adult.