Because everything tastes better when it’s shaped like Mickey, Family.Disney.com is bringing you Mickey Ice Cream Cone Cookies! This delicious sugar cookie recipe is perfect for pulling the family together in the kitchen. Get out the aprons. Put a little Disney music on, and bake away!
Mickey Ice Cream Cone Cookies
- Your favorite sugar cookie dough
- Royal icing, dyed tan
- Royal icing, dyed in rainbow colors
- Piping bags
- Icing scribe (or toothpick)
- Mickey cookie cutter
- Rolling pin
- Paper cut-out of a triangle
- Food coloring pen (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. Roll out cookie dough to about ¼- to ½-inch thick.
3. Place the paper triangle on the dough, and gently place the Mickey cookie cutter on top. Use the knife to cut along the sides of the Mickey cookie cutter and triangle. Remove cut-out and place on lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all dough is used.
4. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Let cool.
5. Fill piping bags with royal icing and snip a small hole in each of the bags.
6. Use the tan royal icing to pipe a triangle with a curved top on the bottom point of the cookie. If needed, use a food coloring pen to draw a curve to separate the Mickey from the cone to guide your piping. Begin by piping an outline and then fill in the center. Use an icing scribe or toothpick to swirl the icing until it’s smooth. Let icing set for 5-10 minutes. Once set, pipe a diagonal crisscross pattern on top of the cone.
7. Use your other royal icing colors to pipe along the Mickey shape to fill in the Mickey ice cream scoop. Use an icing scribe or toothpick to swirl the icing until it’s smooth. Sprinkle sprinkles on the top of the Mickey scoop.
8. Let sit for 8-12 hours to fully set.