Get ready for Halloween with this adorable Minnie Mouse witch themed pumpkin from DisneyFamily. This craft inspired by the beautiful Minnie Mouse is both spooky and sweet.
What You’ll Need
- Black and white paint
- Black craft foam
- Pink stiff felt sheet
- Orange satin fabric
- Hot glue
- Sketch and cut out Minnie’s facial features from black craft foam. Use the printable PDF as a guide to cut out Minnie’s ears.
2. Paint the pumpkin white, and then add a layer of black paint, leaving the shape of Minnie’s face.
3. To make Minnie’s hat, cut out a large circle of pink felt for the brim. On this piece, you’ll need to cut a small hole in the center, so the pumpkin stem will fit through. Cut out a second pink felt circle that is the same size as the first. Cut to remove about 1/3 of the circle, as if you’ve taken 1/3 of a pie away.
4. Roll up this piece and glue together to make the pointy top of Minnie’s hat. Glue to the brim piece (circle #1 from step 3 above).
5. To make Minnie’s bow, cut out a long and wide rectangular piece of orange fabric. (You may also use ribbon.) Fold each end to meet in the middle and add a drop of glue to keep in place.
6. Cut out a smaller rectangular piece of orange fabric and wrap it around the center of the first piece. Hot glue the ends together at the back to secure. Wrap another piece of fabric around the bottom of the pointy hat and glue in place.
7. Place the hat on the pumpkin. Next, add Minnie’s ear. You’ll need to cut a slit in each ear in order to slide them over the hat. Hot glue in place.
8. Hot glue Minnie’s facial features onto the pumpkin, and finally her bow!
Your spooky and sweet Minnie Mouse pumpkin is now ready to greet your guests for Halloween.