Oogie Boogie, the villainous bag of bugs from The Nightmare Before Christmas is creeping into the kitchen. Family.Disney.com is serving up a frightfully good Oogie Boogie Cupcake recipe that, no worries, is not filled with bugs! Although, you’ll want to throw a few gummy worms on the side for a fun effect. Have a frightfully fun time baking, Disney fans!
Oogie Boogie Cupcakes
PREP 20 Min / COOK 15 Min
- Batch of chocolate cupcakes
- Cupcake frosting tinted “monster” green
- Plastic decorating bag for piping frosting
- Kitchen scissors
- Black licorice
1. Frost the cupcakes with a thin layer of icing.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. Place a half marshmallow on the center of each frosted cupcake.
3. Cut off the tip of the plastic decorating bag so that the opening is about 3/4-inch wide. Then fill the bag with green frosting (not too full or the frosting will come out the top when you squeeze it).
4. Working with one cupcake at a time, pipe frosting around the base of the marshmallow and then up and over it, moving toward the center and ending with a large peak.
5. Smooth the surface of the frosting with a butter knife, periodically dipping the tip of the knife in water so the icing will be easier to spread. Don’t worry about making it perfectly smooth — it will look even more like Oogie Boogie with a few lumps and “wrinkles.”
6. Snip a pair of narrow licorice eyes and a wide licorice mouth for each cupcake. Use the tip of a toothpick to gently press the candy pieces into the frosting face, angling the eyes a bit to resemble Oogie Boogie’s.